Failure to launch. A 007 pizza cook

I'm in with the corn meal crowd,,cant be to bad,i cant stand grit's,corn bread,any of that stuff but it's fine under pizza :)

get a peal,for real.

hot pizza is why they make beer !!

I use Kraft/store brand cheese and usually get slices to stack and dice, rather than using the pre-shredded. But what makes it for me is using a 60/40 mozzarella/provolone combination, then sprinkling lightly (lightly for me) over the top with freshly grated parmesan.

Something I'd forgotten that OP made me remember is that I like pizza best two different ways: 1) after sitting for a good 5 minutes so it can gel really well, and 2) sloppy molten right out of the oven so it burns the roof of my mouth. Each way has its own rich charms.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks "this farking pizza is too hot to hold - so I'll quickly shove it in my mouth!" :doh:

Nice pie!

Been having good luck with corn meal between the dough and the peel.
I used to dust the stone, but it burned too fast and left too thick a layer of char on the pizza. Looked really pretty with the sheets of flame washing over the stone though.

Does anyone else eat hot pizza knowing they are going to get cheese burns on the roof of your mouth but do it anyway?[/QUOTE]

YUP

I use a screen for about the first minute or so (depending on how hot) then just slide it off.
Having said that...asymmetric pies are far superior to symmetric pies.
Believe me when I tell you this thing.

Ha I forgot to answer that question. When I'm hungry and there's hot pizza logic goes out the window and ive definitely been burned a few times.

I have a buddy that works where they have a big wood fired oven, they get the pizza on the peel, lightly floured, lift one edge slightly and blow under the dough so it lifts off the peel slightly, then it will slide right off into the oven. It looks really easy, but he does about 200 pies a night so watching him do it and trying it for the first time are probably two different things

I do this to transfer my pizza crust to the stone from my cutting board. I saw it on an episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and gave it a try. Works great.

Back