MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Exclamation Pitmaster T Video - Pitmaster Vs Brethren and his Struggles about "Control"

‪Chili Sauce Part 2 - Pitmaster Vs Brethren and his Struggles about "Control"‬‏ - YouTube

This video was part of the Popdaddy Channel and was inspired by a disagreement brethren member "Barbefunkoramaque" had with a Moderator back in the day.

It occurred around the dawn when I was revealing recipes and techniques but insisted on using "code" to post my threads. This caused a few people to become irritated. That's when I decided to shoot this video.

I was sent a PM from a very High Ranking Mod/Admin that said "What the Hell is wrong with you? Do you really think you have the ONLY way to make BBQ?" Another Mod said simply, "I think you're full of sh%$!"

Yes.... I am sure all of you have come to realize that's nearly exactly what Wendy said to the Kid in Purple Rain.

The bbq brethren enjoys members with a little strange in their tank and is very tolerant, even to a whack job like Barbefunkoramaque! And even if fellow members tend to lose patience. This film is a brilliant commentary on taking YOUR bbq and believing in it with all your heart and the very real art of refusing to compromise to the point you hopefully ostracize everyone around you. It is a protagonist commentary on never sharing all your secrets and belittling the accomplishments of others - of course, as Popdaddy used to tell me about those that offer help:

"its simply best to tell them that their idea is stupid, fire them and then steal their Idea. Just always be sure that as you re-name it name it something bizarre and make up names for the ingredients to frustrate people unnecessarily."

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

That syrup bottle now that I think of it had Bigmista's BBQ Sauce in it WITH the secret ingredient in it.

Edict.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yeah...I need to make some more of that.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

yeah i was very disappointed you did not use it when I came to galveston. It would be like you coming to have my pulled pork and getting sauce in a bottle instead of Hit me Fred

Edict.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

yep,,, that has got to be the craziest thing (in a masterpiece kind of way), ever put on film! whatever you are doing right now, with very few exceptions, you should put it down and go git yo self an agent! you're a very good actor!
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Is that anotha recipee wheres ah needs a dee-codah-ring?

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
pigdog
Full Fledged Farker

Yep, you are very talented. I have read a lot of your material, and whether I agree with it or not, I wish I could write like you. I too am a special ed teacher, and I hate to say this, but you need to persue teaching writing skills to secondary kids. I would love for my kids to have an instructor like you to assist in developing writing.
pigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

pig dog... I am kinda "stuck" here. I just got an alt teachers certificate and I got into ed to teach kids to think critically. My degrees are in History (20th Century Americanist) and Poly Sci. with a minor on Theatre. BUT there are so few jobs out there... out of 125 candidates of unknowing suckers over two years I am one of 7 or so that got an internship last year and one of 4 that kept their job... albeit I make about 1500 less.

I will not stay unless I get maybe an Applied Behavioral Analysis Degree. I will HAVE to got to GE.

One of my favorite tricks though on unsuspecting students is to get them to argue their world view with heartfelt passion, then tell them in order to complete the class they have to argue the "other side" with as convincing conviction. Makes a liberal think conservative, conservative think liberal, communist think the opposite of that... which I guess would be satanist...

One day....and I heard with all the great jobs that tend to be grounded in automaticity going to the wayside.. well, critical and creative thought will be just about the only "safe" jobs left... those that can thrive in the American vernacular and nuance.

Edict.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
pigdog
Full Fledged Farker

Well, your students are lucky to have you. True, any job nowadays is a blessing.
pigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Shadow76
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Awesome,
the cat in the mirror is a nice touch as well..
Shadow76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

yes i had to make that take 15 times until I made it clear to the cat what I wanted... the cat spoke spanish and well, I don't speak it

Edict.