MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #406
Drunk Monkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Drunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
He also was not 100% truthful with his situation. But it's fine I have done what I said I would do.

Minus building a smoker....

Thanks from: --->

Old 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #407
jahruan
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
This dude is full of it. He screwed me over, I lost a ton of money on events that I had lined up and catering events that I had to refund and turn away because he didn't build my smoker. Real simple I paid him in full up front. He gave me a date for being ready and he did not delivery, he then stretched it out another 6-8 weeks of lying and not meeting any deadline he set for himself in regards to meeting the deadline. He will never own up to his scamming ways. He wants me to not say anything about it. But I will speak about it daily. If he says I'm lying. He needs to prove it. Which he never will be able to
jahruan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #408
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
And that Sir is where you are wrong.
He chose not to wait for his smoker that is why I refunded him. Did what I said I would
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #409
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahruan View Post
This dude is full of it. He screwed me over, I lost a ton of money on events that I had lined up and catering events that I had to refund and turn away because he didn't build my smoker. Real simple I paid him in full up front. He gave me a date for being ready and he did not delivery, he then stretched it out another 6-8 weeks of lying and not meeting any deadline he set for himself in regards to meeting the deadline. He will never own up to his scamming ways. He wants me to not say anything about it. But I will speak about it daily. If he says I'm lying. He needs to prove it. Which he never will be able to
I can very easily but I choose not to drag people's name through the mud! So do what you think you need to. I have no trouble sleeping at night. You have been refunded and that's all that matters!

Old 08-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #410
jahruan

Quote:
And that Sir is where you are wrong.
He chose not to wait for his smoker that is why I refunded him. Did what I said I would
Can someone tell me how to post pictures. I will screenshot the conversations we had and you tell me what truth I'm leaving out.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #411
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahruan View Post
Can someone tell me how to post pictures. I will screenshot the conversations we had and you tell me what truth I'm leaving out.
Where is the trailer you were supposed to trade me for the smoker Jamaal? That was our original agreement. You sold it!

Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #412
jahruan

Quote:
Where is the trailer you were supposed to trade me for the smoker Jamaal? That was our original agreement. You sold it!
Just an FYI. Built rite has been texting me with BS for the last hour. The trailer he is referring to, we were going to trade months before the deal but he never built that smoker. So I sold the trailer and told him I would still buy the smoker just in case he had put up money and he wouldn't be losing anything. He's leaving that part out. I still paid him in full upfront for a smoker that he never built and never met any deadlines he set for himself. So maybe someone can explain his logic, although it's not important

Old 08-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #413
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Please keep ALL posts factual and CIVIL.

No personal attacks, name calling etc. i removed the un-necessary commentary above. If the thread flatspins like last time, we will be forced to lock it again.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #414
Built Rite

I apologize if I'm out of line.

I admit I messed up, I made mistakes.....
I'm doing the best to correct them and do what is right.
I just want to be left alone to build smokers and get everyone else's orders to them
And I will get everyones orders to them no matter how long I have to work a day, weekend, whatever.
I'm not a thief or a scam, just made a bad decision and it snowballed on me. I have not and will not give up on fixing this.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #415
fgavitt

Quote:
I apologize if I'm out of line.

I admit I messed up, I made mistakes.....
I'm doing the best to correct them and do what is right.
I just want to be left alone to build smokers and get everyone else's orders to them
And I will get everyones orders to them no matter how long I have to work a day, weekend, whatever.
I'm not a thief or a scam, just made a bad decision and it snowballed on me. I have not and will not give up on fixing this.
Empathy, accountability and honesty are all people want, it goes a long way toward building trust and respect. Without those you are destined to fail. When someone confronts you don't fight with them, call them names, disparage them or lie so make yourself less accountable. Empathize with them, own your **** up and make it right, right away. It's known and service recovery.
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #416
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgavitt View Post
Empathy, accountability and honesty are all people want, it goes a long way toward building trust and respect. Without those you are destined to fail. When someone confronts you don't fight with them, call them names, disparage them or lie so make yourself less accountable. Empathize with them, own your **** up and make it right, right away. It's known and service recovery.
Point taken.
But I have never once said I wouldn't make it right with anyone.
I'm doing all 1 person can to fix it. And it all will be fixed

Old 08-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #417
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Perhaps you should be spending your time contacting people with orders pending as apposed to posting here. That might go further towards recovering your reputation, as well as leading the thread to die down, since you won't be here posting to respond to.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #418
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by effinUker View Post
You can't be a customer if you never got a smoker.
I think the correct term for someone who does business with Built Rite is "victim".
medic92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #419
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
Perhaps you should be spending your time contacting people with orders pending as apposed to posting here. That might go further towards recovering your reputation, as well as leading the thread to die down, since you won't be here posting to respond to.
This....

Old 08-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #420
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I have been sent the money that Mr. Boston agreed to send to me. I had asked for more money because if you use my money to make money then I want my piece of it. The cost to get a loan with commercial money is 4%. I had asked for my original money plus 4% calculated by the number of months he held my money.

Mr. Boston thinks that just because we got money back that we should be happy. Thanks to Mr. Boston I ended up losing the business that I was buying th smoker for. The entire amount of money that Mr. Boston sent to me has already gone to the state. He put me in financial trouble and he doesn’t want to admit that he is messing with people who are trying to make money.

When Mr. Boston agreed to build a smoker and a trailer for me he gave my BBQ guy a timeline that I personally believe he never could have met. I think that based upon all the information that has come out since I placed the order with the deposit.

The definition of fraud is this: intentional perversion of the truth in order to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right.

I believe that multiple people in this thread were giving false or misleading information intentionally so that he could obtain funds. So I am not sure Mr. Boston should be claiming that he hasn’t committed fraud. I personally was told by the deputy when I was on Mr. Boston’s property that I could have him arrested for fraud.

I not only had $10,500 held by Mr. Boston for almost 11 months, but I had to go out and spend a bunch more money to get what I thought was going to be built for me by Mr. Boston. I believe that I was given a great price because he wanted or needed my deposit to operate or to finish someone else’s project. The day I was on Mr. Boston’ Property he claimed that in January he sold the smoker I had put a 50% deposit on to someone else after I told him I no longer needed it. I started a build thread in March of this year. I also have personal text messages from Mr. Boston where he claimed that because I was having a custom smoker built that I wouldn’t be able to get a refund. The dates that he wants to claim are just simply not the truth.

I too have been contacted by several other “customers” of Mr. Boston. I know of at least 1 guy who is owed a food trailer. The person has claimed that Mr. Boston was to have his trailer completed in July. The “customer” sold his house and if I am not mistaken he quit his job to get ready to do BBQ full-time. He has been sent a picture and when I saw the picture I didn’t believe it looked like the property I was standing on 2 months ago.

I have posted honest and factual updates prior to today’s post. I was not going to post my personal feelings until Mr. Boston sent all my money. Losing a business and being in a financial hardship because of Mr. Boston’s lack of communication and his downright deceitful ways sucks. I would’ve liked to have taken my kids with me when I visited Mr. Boston so he could personally meet the kids who he was screwing over. I have tried to take the high road with Mr. Boston and I still believe I have. What I have posted today is the truth. I don’t believe I have embellished this post in any way.

I have seen personal texts from Mr. Boston to my BBQ guy and to another of his “customers.” I don’t believe it is ever okay to curse someone who has done business with you. The customer here is the one who deserves to be unhappy and downright pissed. I have experienced a ton of sleepless nights and can honestly say depression because of dealing with Mr. Boston.

I hope everyone gets what they paid for and I hope that Me. Boston changes his business model. I gave him tons of chances and each time he took advantage of me. Mr. Boston believes that the customer should understand all his hardships, what about the hardships we experienced because of Mr. Boston? I had bills I couldn’t pay because I trusted that the information I was given by Mr. Boston was factual.

I am
Sure he will be pissed for what I posted here, but think about how pissed I was when I had to shut a business down and when the money he sent will go to the state.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist