MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:00 AM   #16
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

I go with the blue because I use them without the cotton liner when prepping and the sun just goes through the black gloves.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:01 AM   #17
NC Mike
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I use the 5mil for prep but went with the 7 mil gloves over knit for handling hot stuff. I have tore a finger on the 5mil before.
I also use plastic "lunch lady" gloves for some food handling. They can be found at Dollar Tree. They will not hold up to heavy use but are great for quick tasks on cool or only warm food.
NC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #18
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

And I always thought that those gloves were special food handling ones not the ones I have in the garage from Harbor Freight LOL.
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #19
JazzCat
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

been wearing nitrile gloves for years, and the cost has dropped over those years... the last case (10 boxes of 100) I purchased just happened to be black.
The colour does not matter to me, pink would work fine too... I just look for the best price.
JazzCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 07:49 AM   #20
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

If you want to just pick up a couple of pairs of the cotton gloves, Home Depot has the brown cotton gloves pretty cheap, and you can probably get a single pair or a multi pack. They work well with the nitrile.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #21
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Why? Because they look cool. But seriously, like everyone has said, white cotton gloves underneath, Harbor Freight ones are cheap and work well. Then a pair of Nitrile over them, I use the cheap blue ones, also from Harbor Freight.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #22
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

For a tad more in price then Harbor Frieght, you can get 500 6mil nitrile gloves for $59(cheaper if buy more). I have a bunch from a prior job, lol. I use them regularly especially for chicken.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #23
SonnyE
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sonny

I use mine for fueling the work truck.
I hate the smell of diesel on my hands from gooey pump nozzles.

But I'm a bare knuckles BBQ'r. I love my tongs.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #24
KevinInStL
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Awesome this makes total sense! It's so annoying to have to always run back inside to wash my hands after putting meat on the grill. Definitely getting a box of nitrile gloves now.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #25
SonnyE
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinInStL View Post
Awesome this makes total sense! It's so annoying to have to always run back inside to wash my hands after putting meat on the grill. Definitely getting a box of nitrile gloves now.
That is the wonderful part. Peal them off and you have clean hands.

I used CA (Super Glue) in my shop as a stabilizer and finish for turning.
I used latex gloves to keep the glue off my hands.
One time a finger started burning. And it got hotter and hotter.
I whipped that glove off because a large drip of CA was reacting on my finger.
I wound up with a nasty second degree burn, but nothing as bad as it could have been without the gloves.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #26
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

Had the 5mil in the garage in large but I keep going through them trying to put them on. Picked up a box of 9mil at HF today (and they are black) with ridges on the fingers for better grip. Not only that, they are extra large and much tougher than the 5 mil.
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote