MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
blackdogbbq21
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Paul
Default IBP plant fire

This may have already been a thread on here but I don't recall seeing it.

I was at my local Costco last night and noticed they didn't have any prime packers out. This is odd because that store normally always has them. I may need a couple in a little over a week. I asked a butcher and he said they were out of a lot of cuts. He said a fire at a plant in Kansas had really affected their supply. I looked on the web and confirmed the fire in mid august.

Just curious if other brethren are seeing this in their areas?
blackdogbbq21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
TheHojo
Full Fledged Farker

Have noticed at our local Costco's in Dallas they don't seem to have the same number out for sale - and the ones they do have tend to be very large

Use to be able to easily pick up an 11 to 12 prime packer - now it seems everything is in the 16 to 18 pound range
Old Smokey 18''[/B]
TheHojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
sudsandswine
Babbling Farker

I didn't see any when I went last weekend either. I assumed maybe they had sold out for NFL opening weekend but maybe the fire is to blame...I'm certainly a lot closer to that plant than you are so there's a high probability that's where my stores source from.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

My Costco had one twenty pounder out earlier this week.
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
sudsandswine
Babbling Farker

This is a good example of why I have both a Sam's and Costco membership Sam's had some real nice looking briskets there last weekend.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
harrybbq
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Haroldo

Had to do to two different Costcos last night to get a packer. The first one by my house, which always had them, had only 3 little sad 12 pounders, the thinnest cuts I've even seen, probably impossible to cook right. I drove to another Costco, and they had about 8 pieces left, better ones.
Yes, it seems they are running out