MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #466
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

yeah, well..seems this thread has again gone into a flat spin and become somewhat counterproductive. The points been made with consistency of the allegations(from both sides) and theres not much new information being shared.

so, as before we will close this for the time being and when there is a legitimate update from either side, simply PM the mod team and we will reopen it for constructive and informative dialogue. For now we feel its just more dog-piling and not helping the situation one way or the other.

It can/will be opened on request by anyone directly involved who has a helpful and constructive update on either side of the saga. Just send us a note.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #467
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Opening for an update. Please keep civil and factual. Only post if you have personal and factual experience or legitimate question/feedback. No dog piling.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #468
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Update

Here's a short update since this thread was reasonably closed. Not only have i STILL not received the smoker I won in 2017. There are more victims. Not only of a fake raffle but of the same ponzi schemes he's perpetrated in the past. Thanks BBQchef33 for allowing me to do this.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/st-george/...881/complaints

I first filed a complaint with the FL. State AG, because Florida was an address he gave and Built Rite was incorporated in FL.,but that was referred to GA when Boston said he neither lives nor does business in FL. In spite of what he may say, that it was dropped due to lack of evidence or whatever, I have documentation to the contrary.

Enough is enough with this guy. If you've been a victim or know someone who has, here's a link to the Georgia State Attorney General's Office, Office of Consumer Protection, you can file electronically.

http://ocp.ga.gov/

His trailer and shop are in St. George GA. It's Charlton County. The Sheriff's information is:

1548 Third Street
Folkston, GA 31537-8906

Phone: 912-496-7321
Fax: 912-496-7612

Deputy Grover Rhoden is familiar with Boston, I've been told that if you want to go to the Sheriff or the Magistrate, you can swear out a warrant.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY AND ALL OF THIS INFORMATION WHERE YOU SEE FIT. LET'S PROTECT OUR FELLOW BRETHREN

Last edited by fgavitt; 03-27-2019 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Want to thank the Admin for reopening and allowing me to update
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #469
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #470
Kurt Friesen
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Kurt

I am another of Donnies victims. I ordered my smoker early November of 2017 with a $2100 deposit with a promised delivery by the end of December 2017. 19 months later I still have nothing. I have heard every excuse in the book, been lied to and swore at. I understand the GA Department of Consumer Protection is now looking into this clown.
Kurt Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #471
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

I know some guys getting rid of one, if anyone in the KC area wants one, I can put you in touch.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #472
Brian5177
Found some matches.

Well, that explains the emails I’ve been receiving from Georgia’s Attorney General Office. While my money was eventually refunded thanks to this forum, I imagine they are trying to build a history of ‘questionable’ business practices.
Brian5177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #473
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5177 View Post
Well, that explains the emails I’ve been receiving from Georgia’s Attorney General Office. While my money was eventually refunded thanks to this forum, I imagine they are trying to build a history of ‘questionable’ business practices.
That's great news! Sadly your refund probably came from some poor guy just like you that put a down payment on his cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #474
Brian5177
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
That's great news! Sadly your refund probably came from some poor guy just like you that put a down payment on his cooker.

Unfortunately, you are probably right.
Brian5177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #475
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5177 View Post
Glad things worked out for you. He's scammed so many more since this started it's unbelievable
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #476
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgavitt View Post
Glad things worked out for you. He's scammed so many more since this started it's unbelievable
Sad to see there are still lies and assumptions being posted here!
If anything you were saying were true I would not still be building smokers. I would be in jail Sir! Contrary to your statements Det. Rhoden has been to my place of business and apparently agrees with me that I have done nothing criminal, simply fallen behind. I have addressed that and am doing everything I can to get all my customers their products as quickly as possible.
I may be guilty of bad business communications, but am working to correct that and continue moving forward.
I'm still learning every day, and still have a long way to go, however I am definitely not what I am being portrayed as and all that will come to light very soon!
Have a good day
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #477
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

This thread started almost 3.5 years ago...

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #478
Inthewoods
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Why is this lad not banned?
This guy is just a generic f'ing hustler.
Apologies ta the mods, but you, son need ta yer chit and go. Wouldn't wish ya on the most disliked member here.
Inthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2019, 10:46 PM   #479
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Sad to see there are still lies and assumptions being posted here!
If anything you were saying were true I would not still be building smokers. I would be in jail Sir! Contrary to your statements Det. Rhoden has been to my place of business and apparently agrees with me that I have done nothing criminal, simply fallen behind. I have addressed that and am doing everything I can to get all my customers their products as quickly as possible.
I may be guilty of bad business communications, but am working to correct that and continue moving forward.
I'm still learning every day, and still have a long way to go, however I am definitely not what I am being portrayed as and all that will come to light very soon!
Have a good day
You've been repeating this same "fallen behind" nonsense for years now.

Maya Angelo said *when people show you who they are, believe fhem".

That seems to fit you well.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 PM   #480
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

This thread might of started 3.5 years ago but his scam goes way beyond that.
*Da-Fridge-Smoker
*BlackStone Pizza Oven
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist