Anybody have a stick burner on order?

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just wondering since everyone seems to be ordering pellets. For me a pellet cooker seems like the logical next purchase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup. Smitty isn’t wrong. I have a LSG on order. Might have to delay delivery though as I have a vacation scheduled during a later delivery estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but anybody on here? SF has a 2 year wait list but when was the last time got saw a new SF thread? Last i remember was jeff"s.
Plenty of them New LSGs are on Order........

Edit: posted before i saw baychilla"s post. Hopefully there are way more.

Yeah but anybody on here? SF has a 2 year wait list but when was the last time got saw a new SF thread? Last i remember was jeff"s.

Edit: posted before i saw baychilla"s post. Hopefully there are way more.

Sorry what’s SF? I’m guessing it’s not San Francisco.

I would love to have an upper end stick burner someday. Living in the burbs and not having a good place or space for storing split wood is my drawback. BUT, I've already decided that when my kids graduate high school (10th grade and 6th grade) I'm moving to the country on a few acres and then it's on.

Haven't ordered but kicking around buying a small stick burner with in the next year, will want to keep the overall cost under $2500. Right now I'm interested in the M Grills M1, LSG 20" or possibly having BoatHouse make a small cabinet stick burner that I could tilt back on two wheels dolly style and move around like my Hunsaker.

I would really would like a mobile cooker that will roll through grass so it could be stored in the garage. The M1 could stay on the back patio, the LSG I'd probably pour a small concrete pad or put down pavers and keep it covered in the yard.

Haven't ordered but kicking around buying a small stick burner with in the next year, will want to keep the overall cost under $2500. Right now I'm interested in the M Grills M1, LSG 20" or possibly having BoatHouse make a small cabinet stick burner that I could tilt back on two wheels dolly style and move around like my Hunsaker.

I would really would like a mobile cooker that will roll through grass so it could be stored in the garage. The M1 could stay on the back patio, the LSG I'd probably pour a small concrete pad or put down pavers and keep it covered in the yard.

I’m not trying to push this on you or anyone, but Moberg has fantastic prices for top notch quality and features. Only down side is a long wait. But there’s only one pit builder and I like that. It’s almost like an autograph.

I've heard of Shirley (and believe me we have a local 'bama guy who loves to bring in Q) I've just never seen it referred to as SF/Shirley Fabrication before.

/Surely you can't be serious

I’m not trying to push this on you or anyone, but Moberg has fantastic prices for top notch quality and features. Only down side is a long wait. But there’s only one pit builder and I like that. It’s almost like an autograph.

What's the ballpark guess on price and delivery timeframe? All I see is prices start at $3000.

What's the ballpark guess on price and delivery timeframe? All I see is prices start at $3000.

The back yard is 2400 which is 24x48. A 24x60 is 2600. Both come standard with insulated fire boxes. Last I heard, he was 17 months out. I did read somewhere that his prices were going up because of the rising cost of steel.

Just wondering since everyone seems to be ordering pellets. For me a pellet cooker seems like the logical next purchase.

I have an Evie Mae's 24x60" trailer on order and a Moberg 250 gallon on order.

Plan is to use the Evie Maes till the Moberg is ready.

ar2u1.jpg

11m9tn7.png

Pellets are so tempting. I've tried to come up with reasons to buy one. Mainly the convenience. But the food that comes off them does not even look good. My thought was just use a pellet for quick chicken cooks and what not during the week. I have looked at tons of videos. The food off them does not even look good. And some of these quality pellets cost more than offsets. I aint doing it......

Last edited:
Back