• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

We've all looked at these at least once and thought "Maybe?" Wal-Mart Beef Ribs

Mark In The Pit

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
[ame]https://youtu.be/ADMN9fp83UM[/ame]

So I gave these ribs a shot and an unbiased review for anyone that hasn't tried them and wanted to know.

Are Wal-Mart Beef Ribs Worth It?

We’ve all looked at them, held the pack, put em back, picked em up again, walked away…. This video will help you know once and for all if whether or not you should pull the trigger and purchase some Wal-Mart beef ribs.

Ingredients:

1 Pack Wal-Mart Beef Ribs
Hot Sauce
Salt Pepper

Method:

Rub all ingredients on the ribs. Smoke around 275°F for 4 – 5 hours or until desired tenderness.

Notes:

All in all they tasted pretty good. With all the shrinkage you see due to high fat low muscle fiber you end up with just about what you paid for. There does seem to be a good amount of cartilage marbled through these ribs as well that when cutting will make them seem a little tougher than they really are. I just ate around it with little or no problems.

Hmmm... Never seen "short ribs" at any of the WalMart's around here, just back ribs. Those are mighty thin, what were they charging for those?

I think I like my beef ribs with a bit more meat on them.

I looked at those things raw and thought No Way! Nice rescue. Kudos to ya.

I've passed on em for about 6 years since I first saw them in the cooler. Definitely not my first choice in a lignup but glad I gave em a try.

Thanks for posting, I've seen the heavily trimmed ribs at my Walmart and Safeway.

Here in WV I've been unlucky with finding actual Full plate of short ribs. I've made walmart beef back ribs on a few occasions. They turn out good, but the cartilage always kept me from enjoying them. For the money I'd rather spend a couple extra dollars and get a chuck roast. I have a choice with a chuck roast, I can either pull it or slice it.

They turn out good, but the cartilage always kept me from enjoying them. For the money I'd rather spend a couple extra dollars and get a chuck roast. I have a choice with a chuck roast, I can either pull it or slice it.

+1 on the chuck

Hmmm... Never seen "short ribs" at any of the WalMart's around here, just back ribs. Those are mighty thin, what were they charging for those?

I don't believe those to be short ribs.

The real stuff is $8.99/lb at Costco so sometimes I pull the trigger on a pack of these bones at $2.49 a pound. Always a good testing meat when doing new stuff on the pit.

Back