• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Not Q but Pico de Gallo (my way)

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score

A lot of folks have a recipe for Pico de Gallo and most are similar but slightly different. Here is the way I make mine. This is great on Tacos, In Burritos, mixed with eggs, in a salad or just for dipping chips. Here are the Ingredients:

3 tomatoes (Seeded and diced - I usually use Roma but a smaller garden variety would also work)
3 medium jalapenos (Seeded and diced)
3 slices of red onion (Diced)
3 slices of yellow onion (Diced)
4/5 stalks of green onion diced. (Diced)
1 small bunch of cilantro (Minced)
Juice of one lime.
Note: Tyler Florence likes to add some minced garlic and some OO but I usually leave this out as a batch will last longer without them. (I make a batch almost every week and use it up throughout the week)
Combine all the ingredients and stir. You can eat it immediately but I like to cover and let rest for 1 hour before doing so. Photos of process below.

Cover and rest in fridge.

Thanks for looking.

Excellent for Charro Beans too :))

Looks great! Nearly identical to my own recipe, although I do more tomatoes and less onion, and also add some kosher salt to taste.

Red

nicely done. nothing like fresh pico de gallo. get me some chips and a beer and I'm set.

couple of things I picked up along the way with regard to pico de gallo:

1. a touch of sugar wakes up the jalepeno
2. a pinch of S&P is nice
3. olive oil will help blend flavors
4. chipotle pepper will add a layer of smokiness

Looks great DH. Thanks for the tutorial. The recipe I use is pretty similar, less the green (scallion) onions.

Looks awesome! Do you remove the stems from the cilantro, or just chop it all up and throw it in?

nicely done. nothing like fresh pico de gallo. get me some chips and a beer and I'm set.

couple of things I picked up along the way with regard to pico de gallo:

1. a touch of sugar wakes up the jalepeno
2. a pinch of S&P is nice
3. olive oil will help blend flavors
4. chipotle pepper will add a layer of smokiness
Thank you Leftwngr.

Didn't know anything about sugar. I'll give it a try.

I've tried the salt and it doesn't last as long when I add it. I may try just pepper.

I add OO if I'm making a batch to share that won't need to be in the fridge for a week. Again it doesn't last as long when I add it.

Chipotle would be an excellent ingredient to add.

Back