Not Q but Pico de Gallo (my way)

Looks great DH! I do the same minus the green onions and the white onions.

Love me some Pico!
Here are some little variations to try. Use the lime, but add some red wine or apple cider vinegar if you like the "acidic" profile.

Some sea salt and coarse pepper add another note along with some comino.

Try red onion if you never have.

Peppers...give serranos and yellow jalapenos a try along with a finer diced long green and even a habanero. I have tomatoes and peppers growing like crazy right now so I have been using snipers, scotch bonnets, habs, gold cayenne, Peruvian habanero, aji pineapple peppers..............SO GOOD!!!!! Hot, yes HOT!

Cilantro, I love! BUT, flat leaf parsley and some mint and or basil....Oh MAN! Whole nother profile. I have tons of basil growing too and mint. LOL!

I like adding a bit of evvo or better yet, sunflower seed oil. Just a tad for sheen and to get the powders like the pepper to stick.

Last but not least...........some beer or some Clamato, or better yet both! Not a lot, just to add that little back note.

I made a huge batch for a good friend of mine yesterday. Fresh maters and peppers from the garden. The guys calls it CRACK!!! He literally eats it with a spoon and calls it Pico Soup. I must admit, I will eat it the same way.

Pico is some good stuff. I'd hit that bowl hard with some tostadas and a cold beer!

If you have never tried a Pico de Gallo quesadilla or a grilled cheese........do so NOW! :-D

Bob

Back