MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #16
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post

First log in to your KCBS account, and then click the below link

https://www.kcbs.us/announcement_agendas.php
How did you find that? It's certainly not on the front page of the KCBS site, and I'd question whether or not it meets the legal requirements for public notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCueNC View Post
So is this just saying they want a CEO and candidates will later be determined or is this to actually put someone in as a CEO? Also I'm not 100% up on everything but what properties are being sold?
The way it reads to me is that the board is bringing up the items from the most recent special meeting, with an agenda written by counsel, and will in all likelihood approve them again. Or...there may be a surprise and an agenda item may not have to be voted on.

Either way, the world now has the call in number and code for the conference call. I'll probably dial in just to see if it has been changed;)

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #17
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNotTheDuo View Post
The property at 11514 Hickman Mills Drive was the old KCBS HQ. They moved in September/October 2016 to 2519 Madison Avenue. See the KC Star Link here: https://www.kansascity.com/living/fo...115644338.html

I understand selling the Hickman Mills Drive property, but I can't understand why they want to sell the new property, which was purchased in 2015, based on my research.
It's a money pit that never should have been purchased. KCBS doesn't occupy the entire building. The building has had ongoing maintenance/infrastructure issues, and KCBS has not been able to lease the remaining space to offset the cash bleed. <---short version with some inferences from reviewing the filed 990s and talking to a few people more knowledgeable than myself.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 01-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #18
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
How did you find that? It's certainly not on the front page of the KCBS site, and I'd question whether or not it meets the legal requirements for public notice.

As this is a Special Board Meeting, the only notice requirements appear to be to the Board Members. The Notice was dated 1/9/19, which is within the 5 days requirement (which could be waived as well).

Although I have no issues calling out the KCBS BOD for failing to follow our own Bylaws (there are MANY instances of violations), I don't believe this to be one of them. But is it shifty to hide the notification to general membership where they did, absolutely !!

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #19
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
They buried it under agendas
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #20
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Can you guys feel the collapse of Bbq as we know it?
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #21
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

The fact that they are doing this the night before elections close is pretty amazing.
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------

Old 01-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #22
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Can you guys feel the collapse of Bbq as we know it?

You can't spell KCBS without BS

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Old 01-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #23
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

The word "coup" definitely comes to mind
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #24
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Can someone summarize what is happening for those of us without access to link?
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #25
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Attached are the Notice and Agenda for tonight's Special Meeting of the Board

Old 01-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #26
Jorge

Quote:
As this is a Special Board Meeting, the only notice requirements appear to be to the Board Members. The Notice was dated 1/9/19, which is within the 5 days requirement (which could be waived as well).

Although I have no issues calling out the KCBS BOD for failing to follow our own Bylaws (there are MANY instances of violations), I don't believe this to be one of them. But is it shifty to hide the notification to general membership where they did, absolutely !!
Over the last six years I'm sure that some would consider me to be a defender of the board. I've been on both sides, and can view issues from both perspectives.

When notice is traditionally posted it's on the front page of the site. That held true for the most recent special meeting.

This time, not so much apparently. It was posted, but you had to go looking for it apparently. I'm not going to point a finger and suggest that it was done on purpose. If it was done on purpose it's kind of conflicting with the intent of counsel to make everything legal and by the letter of the law. No board member wrote that announcement or agenda. Putting the notice on the site may satisfy the letter of the law, but the appearance of possibly trying to hide it isn't within the spirit of the law as I perceive it.

The optics looked really bad the first time. Whether the board is trying to pull a fast one or not, they appear to have doubled down on the bad optics.

I'll be dialing in.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #27
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNotTheDuo View Post
The property at 11514 Hickman Mills Drive was the old KCBS HQ. They moved in September/October 2016 to 2519 Madison Avenue. See the KC Star Link here: https://www.kansascity.com/living/fo...115644338.html

I understand selling the Hickman Mills Drive property, but I can't understand why they want to sell the new property, which was purchased in 2015, based on my research.
I'm curious how they are going to get around this pesky State Law
"As reflected on the most recent tax return filed on behalf of KCBS (2017), Hickman Mills and Madison Avenue properties (the “Buildings”) comprise more than 74% of the total assets of KCBS. Mo Rev Stat §355.656 provides that if a corporation sells all or substantially all of its property, it must secure the approval of its members (the lesser of two-thirds of the votes cast or a majority of the voting power)."
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old 01-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #28
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
I'm curious how they are going to get around this pesky State Law
"As reflected on the most recent tax return filed on behalf of KCBS (2017), Hickman Mills and Madison Avenue properties (the “Buildings”) comprise more than 74% of the total assets of KCBS. Mo Rev Stat §355.656 provides that if a corporation sells all or substantially all of its property, it must secure the approval of its members (the lesser of two-thirds of the votes cast or a majority of the voting power)."

Pretty sure "KCBS Properties LLC" somehow fits into this. I have reviewed past minutes when it was approved to buy the buildings, and never once saw any consent to create another entity to do it ... yet ... it happened.

What is to prevent the upstanding folks at head office from stating KCBS Properties LLC are the owners of Madison, and as such, the disposal of Hickman Mills doesn't comprise more than 74%

Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #29
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Pretty sure "KCBS Properties LLC" somehow fits into this. I have reviewed past minutes when it was approved to buy the buildings, and never once saw any consent to create another entity to do it ... yet ... it happened.

What is to prevent the upstanding folks at head office from stating KCBS Properties LLC are the owners of Madison, and as such, the dis
posal of Hickman Mills doesn't comprise more than 74%
If that's the case I suspect the IRS might want to have a word with a few parties.
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old 01-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #30
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Lots of us on the call tonight !