MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #31
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
Lots of us on the call tonight !
This is a joke! Why can't this wait until 3 days from now?????
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #32
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Props to Dennis Polson for raising the question and voting his conscience.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #33
Burnt at Both Endz
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
When notice is traditionally posted it's on the front page of the site. That held true for the most recent special meeting.
Yeah, but we now have a "cheap" marketing consultant, prolly no coincidence? <sigh>!!!

Anyone want in on a class action suit?
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #34
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
This is a joke! Why can't this wait until 3 days from now?????
Depending on turnout, I bet that question comes up at the beginning of the meeting when members traditionally get the opportunity to speak.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #35
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Depending on turnout, I bet that question comes up at the beginning of the meeting when members traditionally get the opportunity to speak.
No discussion of impropriety in the bid process
No discussion of conflict of interest
Even with KCBS Properties LLC involved they are still in violation of State Law because they are a wholly owned subsidiary of KCBS and the buildings are still more than 70% of KCBS assets

I need a drink
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #36
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

So the board basically sees the writing on the wall. With the results of a new election just days away, they choose to call 2 special meetings this month and pass all sorts of contracts and new positions. Not only did they award the marketing contract to the President, they also created a new CEO position. They kicked us off the call when they were going to discuss the contract and who but someone spoke up inadvertently and asked about the new CEO's contract and the bonus clause. They were quickly hushed and told to wait until closed session.

It is my feeling that a few individuals are trying to take over KCBS with their own self interests put first. Who is the new CEO? Any guesses?
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #37
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

The Corporation’s purposes shall include, but not be limited to, preserving, celebrating, promoting, and educating the public about barbecue as a distinctively American cuisine that is a part of the American culture.

Maybe we have all been looking at this the wrong way? The 2018 Board is actually doing exactly as the KCBS Mission Statement directed them to do, and is celebrating, promoting and educating the public about American culture.

Unfortunately, they have decided to "celebrate", "promote" and "educate the public" only focusing on the bad, filthy, shady, selfish, unscrupulous, aspects of American culture.

This organization is rotten to it's core, and my deepest condolences are hereby being bestowed on those unlucky enough to get elected to the 2019 Board. I fear that for all of their good intentions, once they see behind the curtain, and fully identify everything that has/hasn't been done by the organization, they will be left with 1-3 years of heartache and frustration.

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #38
djqualls
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post

The Corporation’s purposes shall include, but not be limited to, preserving, celebrating, promoting, and educating the public about barbecue as a distinctively American cuisine that is a part of the American culture.

Maybe we have all been looking at this the wrong way? The 2018 Board is actually doing exactly as the KCBS Mission Statement directed them to do, and is celebrating, promoting and educating the public about American culture.

Unfortunately, they have decided to "celebrate", "promote" and "educate the public" only focusing on the bad, filthy, shady, selfish, unscrupulous, aspects of American culture.

This organization is rotten to it's core, and my deepest condolences are hereby being bestowed on those unlucky enough to get elected to the 2019 Board. I fear that for all of their good intentions, once they see behind the curtain, and fully identify everything that has/hasn't been done by the organization, they will be left with 1-3 years of heartache and frustration.

I hope to make a change if I get elected.

I've been elected as the "Lone Soldier" before on Self Serving Boards and my skin is pretty damn thick and my head is hard! hahaha.

I'm embarrassed that some of these present board members have shown such a lack of character. To silently hide behind a comment of "You Don't have all the facts" is a total cowardly copout.

This isn't the God Da**-##med Warren Commission they're presiding over.....

I've researched and had sent to me comments from the most violating of our confidence Current members who in the Bullsheet, and on this Fourm who rebuked their very actions after being elected that they used as a platform to earn your confidence.

I can't fix anything by myself (if Elected) but I'll lobby for what's right for the sport, not the entity, not a single member, and not for my personal wishes.

Whomever gets elected will need vocal support for whats right, and don't be afraid to call them out (myself included) when you see abuse of position and graft actions.
djqualls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #39
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Now that Randall Bowman is a paid Contractor for KCBS, the honorable, professional and right thing for him to do is resign his position on the BOD in order to devote his full energy towards fulfilling the mission of his vendor contract. If he unwilling to do this, it is the duty of the new BOD to ask for his resignation or revoke the previously approved vendor contract.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #40
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Now that Randall Bowman is a paid Contractor for KCBS, the honorable, professional and right thing for him to do is resign his position on the BOD in order to devote his full energy towards fulfilling the mission of his vendor contract. If he unwilling to do this, it is the duty of the new BOD to ask for his resignation or revoke the previously approved vendor contract.
I noticed that after the first special meeting it was stated that he was going to resign but that seems to have gone by the wayside. The new BOD makeup is interesting, not only by who is on but by who isn't. The turn out was also pathetic. Interesting times ahead.
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
-----------------

Old Today, 04:57 AM   #41
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
I noticed that after the first special meeting it was stated that he was going to resign but that seems to have gone by the wayside. The new BOD makeup is interesting, not only by who is on but by who isn't. The turn out was also pathetic. Interesting times ahead.
Are the election results posted anywhere?
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 06:26 AM   #42
Robert
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Are the election results posted anywhere?

Only one I heard was David Qualls was elected with the highest number of votes.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 09:15 AM   #43
Funtimebbq
Full Fledged Farker

This was taken off of a FB page.

The KCBS 2019 BOD election results are in. There were 2051 votes cast (11% of members voted). One-year term: Myron Berry (Florence, AL). Two-year term: Haymo Gutweniger (St. Johann, Italy). Three-year terms: Randy Bigler (Huntsville, AL), Richard Fergola (Gardner, KS), Candy Weaver (Pine Bluff, AR), and David Qualls (Tecumseh, OK).

Congratulations to all. Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote and for those of you who included me in your vote. I'm 10% disappointed and 90% relieved. Hope that changes can be made to focus KCBS on what's important for cooks and judges and not for individuals personal gain.
Thanks again, Benny Adauto
Funtimebbq is offline   Reply With Quote