MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #31
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
Looks great, you're killing me with the photos. I've had a note and a couple of your photos on the recipe page for my canned salmon for quite a while and keep forgetting to smoke & can some. My dry cure is similar to your recipe, I do put my fillets flesh down when I wrap, but I do need to try slicing to the skin, it makes perfect sense especially when cubing the meat for canning anyway. Like you I use either jalapenos or green onion in each jar, and a tick of oil, a little water and some seasoning.

I generally can 6# of salmon at a time, which is about 14 of the 1/2 pint jars and I'm down to about 5 jars. Maybe I'll put a reminder note on the jars themselves so I won't forget to try this next time.
Thanks thirdeye! The smoke really adds a lot of flavor to the dishes I make with the canned salmon. Hope you give it a try sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Awesome!!!!
Thanks Adams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
Mighty fine Jeanie.
Thank you Marty!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #32
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Outa bounds Neighbor! Truly amazing and inspiring. That's it! I'm going to give your canned salmon a try with my All American. It's tired of just doing pork.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #33
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Outa bounds Neighbor! Truly amazing and inspiring. That's it! I'm going to give your canned salmon a try with my All American. It's tired of just doing pork.
Thanks Neighbor! Your All American is beautiful! I wish I had one.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 AM   #34
chambersuac

Jeanie, I love you. You know that, right? Remember that, because i gotta tell you that I'm disappointed in this thread. I always open your posts expecting to find some good pictures of good food, cooked perfectly. Not this time, however.

Yes, the pictures are really good. It looks like your cooking was flawless, but the food overall really bitherred me.

See, it's almost 1 A.M. I just checked into the hospital yesterday afternoon. I had hospital food for supper 7 hours ago, and will be eating hospital food for 2-3 weeks. I open up your post and laid my eyes upon all that you posted and my stomach yelled at my mouth for not giving it anything nearly as awesome as your food. My mouth is mad at my eyes for showing it what you have been eating, while I've been eating junk (Of course, everything is junk compared to your food). Also, my mouth watered so much, I thought I was going to short out my hospital bed. SEE?!?! See what you did to me? My body is rebelling, I'm trying not to sin by coveting your food, your smokehouse, your talent, etc.

Now, you have me so worked up, I doubt I can sleep. Sheesh, Jeanie.

Ok, it's true I love you, but truth be told, I love the post, too. I remain in awe of you. Maybe I should take a cue from our friend, Marty, (May He rest in peace) and ask you to adopt me. :) God bless you, my friend

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #35
garyk1398
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Gary

Another Jeanie thread showing your one of your many talents!
Looks magnificent as usual! Wish I was your neighbor who's in needs a jar or two of your grub!!

Gary, KCBS -CBJ
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Certified Nebraska MOINK Baller, [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]KCBS - CBJ[/COLOR][/FONT]
Semper Fi, when in doubt empty the magazine :rip:
garyk1398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #36
Mason Dixon Bowhunta
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow, everything looks delicious. You even made deviled eggs look amazing!
[I]Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created[/I] ~ Esther 4:14
Mason Dixon Bowhunta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #37
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
OK, now I'm curious what is an All American? Sorry Jeanie not trying to hijack your post.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #38
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That is Fan-flipping-fark-tastic! May I also please have a little guidance on your smoked salmon lasagna recipe? That is just over the top gorgeous! DANG I'm glad that you hang out here!

Old 03-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #39
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
Jeanie, I love you. You know that, right? Remember that, because i gotta tell you that I'm disappointed in this thread. I always open your posts expecting to find some good pictures of good food, cooked perfectly. Not this time, however.

Yes, the pictures are really good. It looks like your cooking was flawless, but the food overall really bitherred me.

See, it's almost 1 A.M. I just checked into the hospital yesterday afternoon. I had hospital food for supper 7 hours ago, and will be eating hospital food for 2-3 weeks. I open up your post and laid my eyes upon all that you posted and my stomach yelled at my mouth for not giving it anything nearly as awesome as your food. My mouth is mad at my eyes for showing it what you have been eating, while I've been eating junk (Of course, everything is junk compared to your food). Also, my mouth watered so much, I thought I was going to short out my hospital bed. SEE?!?! See what you did to me? My body is rebelling, I'm trying not to sin by coveting your food, your smokehouse, your talent, etc.

Now, you have me so worked up, I doubt I can sleep. Sheesh, Jeanie.

Ok, it's true I love you, but truth be told, I love the post, too. I remain in awe of you. Maybe I should take a cue from our friend, Marty, (May He rest in peace) and ask you to adopt me. :) God bless you, my friend
Love ya too Dan! So sorry to hear you're in the hospital!! I hope this is for a quick visit and nothing serious! I'm sure our friend Marty is keeping the smoke rolling in Heaven.
Really hope you're feeling better soon Dan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk1398 View Post
Another Jeanie thread showing your one of your many talents!
Looks magnificent as usual! Wish I was your neighbor who's in needs a jar or two of your grub!!
Thanks so much Gary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Dixon Bowhunta View Post
Wow, everything looks delicious. You even made deviled eggs look amazing!
Thank you Bowhunta! I love deviled eggs..the smoked salmon kicks up the flavor a bit for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
OK, now I'm curious what is an All American? Sorry Jeanie not trying to hijack your post.
No problem Bill! An All American is a pressure canner. They are pretty nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
That is Fan-flipping-fark-tastic! May I also please have a little guidance on your smoked salmon lasagna recipe? That is just over the top gorgeous! DANG I'm glad that you hang out here!
Thanks Chris!
The lasagna is really easy. I make a basic white sauce with sauteed scallions and garlic added...here's a link to a pic of how I do it..
I used grilled salmon in the link instead of the smoked. I also use regular ole cooked noodles on this batch instead of non bake. I just use what I have on hand. lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/...n-lasagna.html

Thanks again Chris!

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #40
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

Thanks Jeanie, I was not thinking pressure canner.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #41
Smoking Piney
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Jeanie,

I'm running out of words for "wow" when it comes to your posts.

You hit a sweet spot with me on this one - I LOVE smoked salmon.

New word - Splendiferous!

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #42
Rocky Branch BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Robert

I read. the recipes and how to's on your website. Looks outstanding. Hard to beat smoked salmon. Thanks for all of your detailed info on how to "try" to duplicate you recipes.
Rocky Branch BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #43
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
Thanks Jeanie, I was not thinking pressure canner.
You're sure welcome Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Piney View Post
Jeanie,

I'm running out of words for "wow" when it comes to your posts.

You hit a sweet spot with me on this one - I LOVE smoked salmon.

New word - Splendiferous!
Thanks so much John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Branch BBQ View Post
I read. the recipes and how to's on your website. Looks outstanding. Hard to beat smoked salmon. Thanks for all of your detailed info on how to "try" to duplicate you recipes.
Thank you Rocky Branch! I hope you give it a go!
Keep me posted if you do please!!

Old 03-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #44
jstrand
Full Fledged Farker

I don't even like salmon much, but I would definitely eat everything you just posted. My brother has been a professional photographer for at least 30 years and you do take some excellent photos.
Now on a serious note. Why do you not have a cooking show? It would be way better than the ones currently.
jstrand is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.