MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #76
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

Dennis, you can put me in at 4x. Do you want that and the extinguisher now or when we get together April 6 ?
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #77
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

$5 for a chance to win some great prizes and it helps a great site. Not bad
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 AM   #78
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Dennis, you can put me in at 4x. Do you want that and the extinguisher now or when we get together April 6 ?
Joe goto
https://www.gofundme.com/fundraising...n-and-outreach

And click the Donate tab. If you want 4 entries then donate 5$ 4 times. Thanks bud!

Hold the fire extinguisher until the drawing is finished. I will get you the name and address of the winner and you can ship it from your business.

Thanks again for the donations!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #79
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Lets push this over 500$ today y'all!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!

Old 02-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #80
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Wow! Page2?

Old 02-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #81
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I think I caught up on the prizes in the first post.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #82
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Is bbqoutreach organized as a charity?

Old 02-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #83
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I think I caught up on the prizes in the first post.
Yep looks good Ron! Thank you!

Old 02-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #84
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtTX View Post
I not sure of it's status, hopefully the boss will see this and chime in.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #85
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
I not sure of it's status, hopefully the boss will see this and chime in.
I flagged it for him. He’ll let us know when he can.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #86
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:

Not yet. We unofficially launched "outreach" last fall and we were going thru the feasibility of making it a 501c. I started soliciting sponsors and larger contributors late last year and then some other unrelated circumstances have taken priority since. In December, I've hired a marketing firm to help us, which also got backburner for the time being.

In the past, I've funded our outreach and veteran events using the google advertising revenue. Our forum expenses were paid with subscriptions and when they fall short, I tap the google revenue. Adblockers, Facebook and instagram have made a huge dent in our revenue stream. Adblockers alone have accounted for more than a third of our loss. Last year I personally funded a significant portion of our 2000 veteran event at the Northport VA Hospital. I've already started socking personal funds away for this years event.

Internal Funding(Adsense and subscriptions) of the forum expenses will always be the priority. I always maintained a 2-3 month buffer in funds for mass failures, which has been impossible for well over a year. We are currently at a little over a months surplus. Anything above and beyond that goes to our outreach expenses and events. Unless i can get commitments from some larger sponsors for supplies, monetary donations, etc, the cost and liability of maintaining a 501c wont be worth it. Once I finish things that need to be done now, i will get back on that wagon.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #87
BBQchef33

Heres an FYI just to share and put things in perspective. This is our revenue loss due to ad blockers for just the past 18 days. $445, with January/February being our slowest months. Factor in traffic reductions due to social media and we are taking a huge hit as compared to just 2 years ago. Many forums have shut down, we still survive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (20.4 KB, 64 views)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 02-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #88
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Just be careful with giveaways. They're typically governed by the gambling folks in each state and there are strict rules around them.

Last edited by jdtTX; 02-18-2019 at 02:15 PM..
jdtTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #89
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Just be careful with giveaways. They're typically governed by the gambling folks in each state and there are subs key right rules around them.

It’s okay, Blythewood is administering this one from the BBQ-Brethren yacht which is currently sailing in International waters.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #90
BBQchef33

Quote:
Just be careful with giveaways. They're typically governed by the gambling folks in each state and there are strict rules around them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
It’s okay, Blythewood is administering this one from the BBQ-Brethren yacht which is currently sailing in International waters.

Thanks.. totally forgot.. they are not the R word.. they are giveaways. Google does not allow Waffles with an R.

yes seriously... JDtTX is right.. its considered gambling and not allowed by google. we can be tagged as a gambling site.

the threads have been corrected.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM