Hot Weekend on the High Plains! - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, Folks!

I've had a hankering for some of the goodies I received from Wazzufan in Brethren Trade Round 59, and CINCHOUSE signed-off on my plan for ribs and a fatty for tonight's dinner.

Found a nice rack of spares, and hit it 1/2 and 1/2 with Dizzy Dust and Batch #9 from B's Rubs.

V3LogW8h.jpg

vvzecs1h.jpg

OOvCFYTh.jpg

Time for the wrap with some apple sauce.

Meanwhile, I broke out a JD Hot Chub and hit it with some Spiced Apple Rub, also from B's Rubs.

mC4WcwFh.jpg

Good to see the kids playing nicely in the sauna.

rqXy5lMh.jpg

Good things yet to come.

Thanks, Wazzu!

That looks like a wonderful plan. Glad Im through and drinking tea. It’s brutal out

With the heat bearing down on that kettle, you may get some serious assistance from the sun. The eats look great, so far, but I know that you will leave us all awestruck with the finale pics.

I was hoping to see some rib tips on the pit too.

Needs more pork

You're both absolutely right. I'd saved the tips from the St Louis trim (of course)...

I think I'll break out the tips and add them to the Jerk marinade in a bit (when I put in the chicken). Or, maybe I get creative with some other rubs I haven't had a chance to try yet... or some such. Who knows. Chef's snack for tomorrow.

With the heat bearing down on that kettle, you may get some serious assistance from the sun. The eats look great, so far, but I know that you will leave us all awestruck with the finale pics.

Luckily, the back yard is pretty well shaded after about 1530L... and your eyes are brown.

Looking forward to dinner.

Kind regards.

You're both absolutely right. I'd saved the tips from the St Louis trim (of course)...

I think I'll break out the tips and add them to the Jerk marinade in a bit (when I put in the chicken). Or, maybe I get creative with some other rubs I haven't had a chance to try yet... or some such. Who knows. Chef's snack for tomorrow.

Yessir. I absolute love rib tips. My favorite thing about buying a whole spare is getting the STL + tips. Heaven.

Flipping through some such, I (re)discovered a caipirinha recipe...

hJJxSYOl.jpg

- 1/2 a lime, quartered and cut even smaller
- 1 TBsp cane sugar, turbinado if able
- 2 1/2 oz Cachaca (or white rum, if you can't get the cachaca)
- Ice

Muddle the lime with the cane sugar in the bottom of a rocks / old-fashioned glass.
Add the ice
Add the cachaca or run and stir

Enjoy the sour, but creeping sweet from the sugar flavors.
Refreshing, and not syrupy sweet like so much these days.

Takes us back to our days in Germany, when "Caipi's" were quite the rage, and very easy to find.

Prost!

Not the best shot.. but it sure was good.

ZZASNcyh.jpg

zwkpInCh.jpg

Both my girls really exalted the Spiced Apple Rub from B's Rubs on the JD Fatty. Ribs needed no sauce, and were nicely moist while providing a bit of tug off the bone.

BossLady crushed the beans, as per usual.

Had planned a green veg of some sort... I guess the green is the lime in my Caipi... :noidea:

Back