Netflix - The Chef Show - Aaron Franklin

That was a great episode... really enjoyed the full series.

Didn’t watch it but talked to him in person about my build and he was a nice dude. Didn’t want to bother him but pretty easy to talk to.

What I like about that show is the "no bullchit" approach by Jon and Roy. It's all about learning and sharing the experience and as such perfect for Aaron Franklin. He's really generous with his time, but would not probably put up with a staged cameo.

It's a great show. Second series is out now and quite honestly there is far more to learn here than just about cooking.

I love this show all around! Jon and Roy are awesome and I love all the subtle lessons Roy teaches.

He's the same guy he's always been. Like that he said 275-285 is his temp. Hard to not like Aaron Franklin. Good stuff! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My wife and I love that show! We watched the whole new season within a day of its release.

If you haven't seen the movie that inspired the series, I'd highly recommend it!

We're also big fans of Ugly Delicious, another food docu-series on Netflix. It's hosted by Korean-American chef David Chang. He was the featured guest in one episode of the Chef Show. He explores food that has a humble reputation, it's origins, and modern permutations. There's a barbecue episode, as well as one on pizza, fried chicken, tacos, and several others I'm forgetting. Check it out if you like the Chef Show.

Last edited:
Are you aware some of the people on that show have roots in the PBS series The Mind of a Chef

THIS - This is my FRAVORITE (a la my 3 yr old) cooking show/series of all time. Don't get me started.... but if you folks haven't seen it... take a peek. You won't be sorry.

Watched it earlier after reading this thread. What’s cool about Aaron is he gives you advice and even if you don’t do what he would do he is still cool with it. You can tell how particular he is with what he does and what that really shows why he is where he is today.

Thank you guys for posting these shows. I got home today, and fired up netflix and watched a couple episodes of the chef show. I loved that movie, and this show was pretty neat how it is a spin off of the movie. I will check out the pbs series also.

Cool episode, but I don't know if I could trim that much of a brisket of at home. Lol

I am really enjoying the show and I hope they continue to make episodes for many seasons.

I've had the chance to meet Aaron once and he was a total stand up guy.

Cool episode, but I don't know if I could trim that much of a brisket of at home. Lol

I thought the same thing the first time I watched his method for trimming. But after I tried the first brisket I trimmed using his process I was sold. Plus I use the meat trimmings to make other things so that helps some lol.

Back