• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Peer-Pressure Rib Cook - St Louis Spares in the Pacific

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
You buggers seriously pressured me into cooking ribs today. Between Friday's chili and CINCHOUSE's homemade gluten-free pizza from last night... I didn't think I would cook again for a few days. I was wrong.

As soon as I bundled CINCHOUSE and our munchkin off to her much-anticipated baby shower with CINCHOUSE's Okinawan Karate Dojo, I eased over to the Commissary and picked up a rack of spares.

I thought I'd put the whole thing in the smoker this time and trim afterwards. Good thing I tried it while it was still wrapped in plastic! Nope. Not going to happen on my crappy little "Smoke Canyon" LP Gas Smoker! *sigh* I continue to envy you guys with the nice pits.

Well.. this let me hit the St. Louis cut bones with John Henry's Apple Chipotle rub, then mess around with the trimmings: Oakridge Dominator + HDD on some, then Oakridge Competition Beef & Pork + HDD on the other.

Here are the St. Louis spares with the John Henry:
2016-05-01%2012.51.13%20HDR-2_zpsp2y9tpo9.jpg

More Pr0n soon.

Good luck with them ribs. I'm at a park with the kids. Hopefully I can get back in time and toss a pork loin on the rotti and try Fwismoker way of 170IT. Not looking to good though.

they must have 55 gallon drums over there.?!.?

They probably do, but my Japanese is complete crap (know enough to be polite in a restaurant or with the Fuzz)...

I'd be curious to know what COS has access to up North on the mainland.

Smoker's been running between 275-305F this afternoon (using up some of those Hickory pellets I got for my AMPS). Finished off this rack a bit faster than I expected. Even got to see "pig honey" that Fwismoker first showed me on a batch of spinning bones in March. No Sriracha & brown sugar wrap this time - no wrap needed!

2016-05-01%2015.48.54%20HDR-2_zpsbtzuin0m.jpg

Made some ABTs with my $3.50/lb TINY jalapeños. - Photos to come (forgot to snap a few when adding the to the sauna)

That looks awesome!!! Can't wait to throw some spares on tomorrow. Talk about peer pressure. :thumb:

Everything looks perfect. !!

They probably do, but my Japanese is complete crap (know enough to be polite in a restaurant or with the Fuzz)...

I'd be curious to know what COS has access to up North on the mainland.

There is people here that as a hook up on base for barrels. I see them out in town in scrap yards also. I never had a urge to make one though, so never pursued them. I just stuck to the COS's on base, hince the name. The base just started to sell OK Joe but the highland which I picked up. Recently got a kettle and a rotisserie.

By the way those ribs do look good. I want to make abt's but jalapeños is hard to find. I did just pick up a Jalapeño plant, so abt's in the future.

Marc,
I will bet your glad you bowed to the pressure. That is a mighty fine looking cook.
Marty

Great looking spares SD. I love looks of the little mini ABT's too.

I'll be cooking up some loin backs and ABT's myself today. Oh yeah and a naked fattie too :wink:

Appreciate the interest and the suggestions on the cooker question.

I'm down to 3 months until we depart Oki for the CONUS... so I've been hitting CL hard to see what's available in East-BumbleFark, NM. Soon (w/in 6 months), I hope to have a Bird Barrel with 007 shenanigans attached, then I'll see about working towards one of the nice RF options from the Brethren.

Those ribs didn't last long. Nor did the wilted kale with chili and garlic that CINCHOUSE whipped up! Seriously... if you need a green of some sort... just wilt it over low/medium heat with some minced garlic, a little EVOO, and some chili flake! It'll taste delicious and you get some veg!

Looking good! I'll take a few of those jalapeños with my eggs this morning please.

Looking good! I'll take a few of those jalapeños with my eggs this morning please.

Cheers, brother. Never have I had *EIGHT* ABTs per person to finish off a batch of peppers... until today.

CINCHOUSE couldn't believe it, either. I had to use the toothpicks from the ABTs to keep track of how many we'd eaten.

I can only imagine those with eggs, and perhaps some fatty slices or bacon. Yum!

Back