MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #61
luv2smoke
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM59 View Post
So by your own admission, you "are not an accredited company"
which would indicate that you could not have acquired a rating of "A" as you
previously stated on 1-13-18. You are indeed correct in that there are no current
unresolved complaints or disputes against you or your company, however, to claim that you have a favorable rating when in fact you do not is false and misleading.
Let me preface this by saying I've got no dog in this fight but since you jumped in I guess I'll give my 2 cents.
The BBB is worthless. To be a member of the BBB your business is charged a fee. The fee in which businesses are charged is what keeps the doors open at the BBB and pays the employees. The BBB is a business not some government run agency and the consumer pays nothing to the BBB.
The BBB interests are to keep the membership of paying "accredited" businesses and in my opinion not the consumer.
A favorable rating from the BBB is worthless to me as well, again the BBB is not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #62
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

^^^ This is true.

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #63
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

The BBB is worthless and the last place I would look to get into about a business.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #64
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
So by your own admission, you "are not an accredited company"
which would indicate that you could not have acquired a rating of "A" as you
previously stated on 1-13-18. You are indeed correct in that there are no current
unresolved complaints or disputes against you or your company, however, to claim that you have a favorable rating when in fact you do not is false and misleading.
Yes you can have an A rating without being accredited. But you previously stated that I had a complaint similar to this which is completely false. After you made that statement I then checked it. That is when it showed an A rating. I just checked it again and now it states NR.
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 06:39 PM   #65
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Yes you can have an A rating without being accredited. But you previously stated that I had a complaint similar to this which is completely false. After you made that statement I then checked it. That is when it showed an A rating. I just checked it again and now it states NR.
Regardless of what it says. The customer that posted here will get a refund as promised. And I agree with the other gentleman I wouldn't go by the BBB it's not reliable.
And I have built a lot of smokers and every customer that has recieved their products are all very happy and always recommend me.
Yes I got behind and that is affecting me, BUT I will get through this and get back to the way things should be. Sometimes things happen out of our control, but no days you get persecuted instead of given a chance to prove yourself. I have smokers going out every week as fast as I can build them without sacrificing the quality that I have set as my standard. And I will not sacrifice quality to build them faster just to get caught up cause in the long run if the quality isn't there then that could hurt me worse than people waiting longer than I had planned.
I am sincerely doing the best I can whether people believe me or not.

Last edited by Built Rite; 01-29-2020 at 10:23 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #66
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

Just to let people know the BBB is garbage. They cost me some serious cash. Businesses pay to be accreditted. Said a contractor was great but the bum ripped me off about $5,000. So dont trust the BBB.

As far as the rest of the thread. I have no dog in the fight. The way I see it though is communication is bad. Thats a red flag. It could be nothing. Could be your telling the truth. I don't know you personally so don't take it personally.
The situation looks odd. My advice to you is fix your communication asap. Deliver on the smokers you still have on order and ask them when you deliver if they would mind coming here and posting pics and talking about their experience. It would go a long way even if you are filling orders slowly. Like you said this is your livelihood. This forum is one of the premiere forums for bbq... Not exactly the place to earn a bad reputation.

I do give you credit for admitting your mistakes. Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I hope it all works out for everyone involved. Hope you can get back on your feet.
Rusty Kettle is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #67
JVM59
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
1) You are correct. It is possible to obtain a rating, favorable or otherwise, without being accredited. My sincere apologies.
2)The statement that you "had a complaint similar to this" was posted by a different individual on 1-5-18.
3) In closing, let me say that I have the highest respect and admiration for any
person, man or woman, who is willing to undertake the task of starting their own business, with or without partners. I wish the best for you and your company.
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #68
cfrazier77
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

Clarification
I had posted on the 11th that they had a D+ rating. That company profile, out of Jacksonville, FL, is now deleted. Here is the link to that page, you will get a 404 error. Google still has it in their memory. That is where I got it.
https://www.bbb.org/north-east-flori...e-fl-235971904

I did not make it up on the 11th and for whatever reason the BBB decided to remove it.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #69
Ripley
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Holy Crap run, dont walk away from this clown.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #70
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrazier77 View Post
Clarification
I had posted on the 11th that they had a D+ rating. That company profile, out of Jacksonville, FL, is now deleted. Here is the link to that page, you will get a 404 error. Google still has it in their memory. That is where I got it.
https://www.bbb.org/north-east-flori...e-fl-235971904

I did not make it up on the 11th and for whatever reason the BBB decided to remove it.
I was unaware of that as soon as I looked it up it showed an A. That's why I thought you had looked up the wrong company.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #71
mikemci
Babbling Farker

A couple of Brethren need to order a smoker from this joker. Put down a deposit so he can get the refund sent. Time is of the essence, only 30 days.
Ohh, that would be an illegal Ponzzi scheme.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #72
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
Holy Crap run, dont walk away from this clown.
Maybe don't make such a hasty decision!

Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #73
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemci View Post
A couple of Brethren need to order a smoker from this joker. Put down a deposit so he can get the refund sent. Time is of the essence, only 30 days.
Sorry we are not currently taking orders until we get a little more caught up!

Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #74
Built Rite

Quote:
1) You are correct. It is possible to obtain a rating, favorable or otherwise, without being accredited. My sincere apologies.
2)The statement that you "had a complaint similar to this" was posted by a different individual on 1-5-18.
3) In closing, let me say that I have the highest respect and admiration for any
person, man or woman, who is willing to undertake the task of starting their own business, with or without partners. I wish the best for you and your company.
Thank you Sir!

Old 01-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #75
mikemci
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Sorry we are not currently taking orders until we get a little more caught up!
Orders shouldn't be much of a concern for you anymore.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist