MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #16
sluggolj20
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I haven't found any Weber product that wasn't worth the money.
sluggolj20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #17
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

26.75 PERIOD! I've got both but cook on the big one, probably 20:1. I have a Home Depot commerciasl account and built up a lot of "points" so I got mine for about $150, but now that I've had it for a while I would gladly pay the retail.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #18
robert-r
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Well i would glady trade two 22's for a 26 straight up.

You can get Real Nice CL 22s around here for $25 - $50 all day long. CL NIBs for
$80 plus or minus.

Hehe... you'd make out like a bandit!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #19
fwdiii
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

Always go one size bigger.....I have the 22" should have gone for the 26".
fwdiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #20
worktogthr
Full Fledged Farker

I am a bit of cooker collector… in the ball park of 20 of them, at least half of them Webers and all but a couple purchased on craigslist…Have a bit of a problem haha I lucked out and got a new in box 26 for $100. All that aside, if I had to give up all my babies and only keep one…it would be my Weber 26. Tons of space for direct grilling, indirect grilling, smoking. With my vortex, I can cook tons of wings, ABTS, meatballs and all sorts of apps. It’s versatile, holds temps well, gives ample cooking room. There is nothing bad about it (Except in my opinion the legs being a bit flimsy for a kettle of its size) I use it the majority of the time, only using the 22s for rotisserie cooks, real small loads, or real large loads when the 26 is full. The performer table is nice, and I would love one for my 26, but I have a patio table that I move to whichever grill or smoker I am using and that works for me. Go bigger…you won’t regret it!
worktogthr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #21
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert-r View Post
You can get Real Nice CL 22s around here for $25 - $50 all day long. CL NIBs for
$80 plus or minus.

Hehe... you'd make out like a bandit!
Yea, my comment was based on OP saying he wasn't sure the 26 was worth double the 22. As you've pointed out it on the secondary market its triple the cost or more.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #22
Mrfish
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Another fan of the 26. Hardly use our 22 anymore.
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #23
Pocchampion
Full Fledged Farker

26 wins no contest

If they would come out with a 26 performer, I would purchase immediately. I have never felt that I over paid for a Weber. .

Old 03-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #24
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

As others have said, it's all in what you want to cook, how much you want to cook, and how much work you want to do. You can run 2 or 3 22's at one time, or do it all on a 26'er. FTR, I have a Ranch kettle, a 26'er made into a Mini RK, a 22 OTG, a 22 OTS, a Gen 2 Performer, a JJ and an SJ. My two main workhorses are my 26" Mini RK and my 18" JJ.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charcoal, Grill, kettle, price, Weber, Weber Charcoal grill