MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Igotgas
is one Smokin' Farker

Default CL score......well a half a score anyways.

I think I am addicted to CL. My problem is, well its not so much a problem as it is a half of a Red Head Performer:Becky: listed for 30 got it for 25. Both grates were destroyed. The charcoal grate looked like they tried to cook using the starter, is was warped like a candle in the sun. The food grate was rusted beyond belief. The one touch system is completely rusted, and the igniter doesn't work. The charcoal starter works just not the igniter. The lid is a DI. No idea how old the Performer is. I am thinking of using the lid off of my Master Touch so I have a Red Head Performer. But not sure yet. It came with all the accessories, including the fill adapter for the small tank, an adapter to use any inside thread propane tank, the charcoal baskets, and a cool cover that says Weber Performer on it. I have never seen one that said Performer on it. I will post more pics when I get her all cleaned up.
[CENTER]Rescued Red MasterTouch - 1998[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Smoky Joe - 1984 (My Little Girls)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Ranch Kettle X2- 2008 With Brother Marty Leach's Handles and 1991 CL find.[/CENTER]
[CENTER]SS Weber Performer X 2 [/CENTER]
Igotgas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well, I have one thing to say.

ADDICT!

I mean, how could you turn it down? My thinking/rationale is..... if I have room, why not? I'll bet you can find parts for that with a little searching.
Great score!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Igotgas
is one Smokin' Farker

That is exactly what I thought, thanks Marty. Plus, I figure there is a hell of a lot worse things to be addicted to
[CENTER]Rescued Red MasterTouch - 1998[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Smoky Joe - 1984 (My Little Girls)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Ranch Kettle X2- 2008 With Brother Marty Leach's Handles and 1991 CL find.[/CENTER]
[CENTER]SS Weber Performer X 2 [/CENTER]
Igotgas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

It must be related to mine http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=104368.

I call her Ladybug!
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Dallas Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

Great find, congrats!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great find Chad

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
colonel00

Nice score!
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

I'd have bought it too!

Right now my black OT platinum is rocking the red hat with the black bottoms! The red lid id judt thicker and seems to keep the cold MT wind off better!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #9
El Ropo

Name/Nickname : Roger

That is going to be my next purchase if I can find a good deal like you did. Nice find.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote