Did You Ever Receive a "Zero" in a Throwdown? Then Proudly Post Your Zeros HERE!

Didn't get any votes for my cast iron TD entry.

jT7Zc5bh.jpg

That looks damn good to me :thumb: I've received a few no votes in throwdowns...I chalk it up to not being very good at taking food pics, but mainly there are consistently so many great entries, it's hard to choose em.

I've been in a few throw downs so far. Never won and whiffed a few times. It's all good though. Great fun and I love getting in them.

Got the big ol ZERO with this one - there were lots of great submissions, but I feel like had I used a larger pic, maybe I could have swayed ONE vote my way?!?

20190901-145522-2.jpg

chix.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's official now. The results are in for the "Skewered" Throwdown https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278649

I thought that with only 4 entries, I stood a pretty good chance.
But Noooooooooooo!!!! I got the Golden Goose Egg.
I accept the fact that sudsandswine blew us all out of the water. But out of 55 votes I couldn't manage to get even one. Not one! Really?

Maybe I need to figure out how to post bigger pics. (I've heard that size DOES matter).
Or maybe I jinxed myself with this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK
:laugh: Hey I can't do worse than fourth this time...

And I could get a Goose Egg and still finish in the top 5 :rofl:

Seriously though my hat goes off to SMOKE FREAK and LYU370 as well as sudsandswine for their delicious looking entries. All three were clearly superior to mine. Heck, I didn't even vote for my own entry because I didn't think it measured up.
I don't recall how many TDs I've entered but I've won 2 and got 2 Goose Eggs.

I guess I'll keep trying. I'm kinda hooked.

Well, it's official now. The results are in for the "Skewered" Throwdown https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278649

I thought that with only 4 entries, I stood a pretty good chance.
But Noooooooooooo!!!! I got the Golden Goose Egg.
I accept the fact that sudsandswine blew us all out of the water. But out of 55 votes I couldn't manage to get even one. Not one! Really?

Maybe I need to figure out how to post bigger pics. (I've heard that size DOES matter).
Or maybe I jinxed myself with this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK
:laugh: Hey I can't do worse than fourth this time...

And I could get a Goose Egg and still finish in the top 5 :rofl:

Seriously though my hat goes off to SMOKE FREAK and LYU370 as well as sudsandswine for their delicious looking entries. All three were clearly superior to mine. Heck, I didn't even vote for my own entry because I didn't think it measured up.
I don't recall how many TDs I've entered but I've won 2 and got 2 Goose Eggs.

I guess I'll keep trying. I'm kinda hooked.

I've had a handful or two of goose eggs myself :thumb: it happens :cool: I participate in throwdowns because it keeps cooking interesting for me and forces me to cook/do things I otherwise might not have. Getting votes is just a bonus. :clap2:

Just a bit of constructive criticism for your skewered pic - it appeared the part of the food you wanted to make the focus of your picture (the closest to the camera) was out of focus. Since nobody can taste, touch, or smell your food (which I'm sure was great), it's all about the pic...my kitchen and cooking area have terrible lighting so getting a decent picture is something I always struggle with. I actually used a flashlight held high above my grill to get my skewered pic. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy, for many reasons. :becky:

Last edited:
Just a bit of constructive criticism for your skewered pic - it appeared the part of the food you wanted to make the focus of your picture (the closest to the camera) was out of focus. ... I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy, for many reasons. :becky:

You're right. It was out of focus.
Thanks for the helpful criticism.

And I know exactly what you mean about the neighbors. Mine think the same thing.

Back