Hooked up and smoking large jalapeños. A few to make Jalapeno Popper Dip, a few for chili, etc

Who knew you liked peppers! Lol. Is that a brisket or chucky keeping them company?

Everything looks great. Feel good to give the PBC a workout again? I haven't used mine in a couple of weeks but will be doing chicken Friday for sure.

Yes it was great using it again! I don't wanna admit how long it's been... (labor day..shhhh!)

As you know though the PBC is like riding a bike. Once you learn you never forget! :thumb:

I have another chicken and a 12 lb brisket in the freezer...:becky:

Welcome to the newcomers . That's some great looking food...I do like spatchcock chicken. I do agree ,the PBC rubs are a little to salty for my taste.

Welcome to the newcomers . That's some great looking food...I do like spatchcock chicken. I do agree ,the PBC rubs are a little to salty for my taste.

jjjonz, I think you are carrying on a conversation with 2 or 3 of us at once..lol. :thumb: :laugh:

Halloween on the PBC

Loaded my utility trailer with straw bales for a Halloween hay ride. Kids all enjoyed trick or treating and then we headed back to the house for BBQ. The PBC provided some great pulled pork and ribs today!

Last edited:
Better late than never......

Just started reading this thread, finally heard enough about this dang PBC, ordered one today, looking forward to getting it.......hitting walmart tomorrow to load up on ribs, butts, briskets, chickens, I'll add to the thread later.

Welcome to the mad house Ole Joe..Joe you are gonna love the PBC.Just be sure while you are waiting to watch Noahs videos, well worth the time. I to have one of those fast British green Thermopens.

I made these mushrooms from the pbc website Over the weekend and they were ridiculously delicious. A must try on the pbc and very easy to make
Essentially Italian sausage mixed with cream cheese and green onion and topped with Parmesan and on pbc for 20minutes. Good stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 265
I made these mushrooms from the pbc website Over the weekend and they were ridiculously delicious. A must try on the pbc and very easy to make
Essentially Italian sausage mixed with cream cheese and green onion and topped with Parmesan and on pbc for 20minutes. Good stuff

Yep I'll be trying those soon!

Oh yea I just made some real similar a few weeks ago...Did you chop up the stems and mix them in too?

I'm thinking I'll try doing a turkey for T-day. Any suggestions on rubs?

I believe I used PBC all purpose rub last year and it turned out great. But so many options including just good old fashioned salt and pepper. Best of luck.

also how long are the brisket cooks on the pbc? doing one on saturday and didnt know of approximate length of cook. 2 halved chickens take almost exactly 2 hours. shoulders 6-7 hours before rest period is how hot mine usually runs

Aside from what's been suggested, Plowboys Yardbird is good. KosmosQ's Dirty Bird is good. And if you wanna give the bird a Cajun flavor, inject it with a Creole butter injection and rub it with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. Just understand TC's isn't really a rub so be careful how much you use. It's pretty salty and depending on your ability to tolerate spice, it can be pretty spicy hot. Good luck! :thumb:

also how long are the brisket cooks on the pbc? doing one on saturday and didnt know of approximate length of cook. 2 halved chickens take almost exactly 2 hours. shoulders 6-7 hours before rest period is how hot mine usually runs

Depends on the Brisket size, but I did a 11lb Brisket and it took about 7 hrs. But I don't like cooking to a time frame when cooking on the PBC because most people who do don't use a thermometer to monitor the temp of the PBC. Since the temperature can range anywhere from 260-350, cook times will be different for each person. I use a thermometer and I target 275° for almost everything.

Edit: Nice cooks you posted there. Is the top one a pepper stout beef?

Last edited:
im still intrigued by this thing.

i recently tried roadside chicken on my lodge hibachi and i liked the flavor. the drippings oil/fat from chicken dripped down to the coals, got vaporized and sort of flavored the chicken. does this cooker do pretty much the same thing?

also, i have a thermapen, a dot and a chef alarm.

if i got a pbc id rather not have to open and use thermapen to check meat. can i insert dot or chef alarm in meat and the wire wont get burned by the heat? the pbc doesnt cook indirect.

Back