What a great day to BBQ!!!

B

bamasmoker

89 and sunny. I've got beef ribs on the bottom shelf, chicken leg quarters on the next one, a picnic shoulder on the next one and atomic buffalo turds on top to drip all that great juice on everything. I checked my thermometer and it is about 75 degrees cool :? , so I am cooking at about 250. Got my spray bottle of earl and Tony is SHINING! 8) Now I've got to go wash some of this pepper juice off my face and hands. OUCH! :shock: Any ideas how to get it off?

Y'all have a great day and I'll check in later.

Most effective way to get off the pepper juice is to jump in the pool for about 20 minutes or till ya get shrively.(your hands that is). :)

and in the winter months.. I suffer. (aside for m hot tubbing it).

I like to get the pepper juice off my hands by wiping it on my eyes.

I don't even notice my hands hurting, when my eyes are bleeding.

willkat98 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

willkat98 said:

farkin CLASSIC!!!!

ROFL !!

Even beter yet, Take my approach.. I learned this the week befroe B2. Take a leak right while your coring the peppers.. but dont bother washing the pepper juice off your hands before handling your "own Jalepeno." Nope.. no need to do that.... But
Do remembr to wash your hands AFTER you take a leak, cause you dont want to get anything ON THEM PEPPERS...

When your Johnson starts burnin like a lit fuse, you'll forget real quick that your eyes are bleeding.

Bama,
It’s too late. Your just gonna have to tuff it out. You’ll hear all kinds
of things, like wash your hands in milk, cooking oil, etc. None of that
seems to work for me. The best thing I’ve found is the preventative mod.
Using the thin latex surgical type of gloves seems to still leave you the
dexterity to work with the peppers.
My guys at work use them (the gloves not the peppers) :) to wash down the (printing) presses after a run..
At Bash II Bill’s hands burned for 2 days.
Welcome to the Turd World!! :wink:

BBQchef33 said:
willkat98 said:

farkin CLASSIC!!!!

ROFL !!

Even beter yet, Take my approach.. I learned this the week befroe B2. Take a leak right while your coring the peppers.. but dont bother washing the pepper juice off your hands before handling your "own Jalepeno." Nope.. no need to do that.... But
Do remembr to wash your hands AFTER you take a leak, cause you dont want to get anything ON THEM PEPPERS...

When your Johnson starts burnin like a lit fuse, you'll forget real quick that your eyes are bleeding.

You only do that once with Habanero, you will never forget after that..... :roll:

Harry, it was TK who had the burning hands.

And Phil, why wash your hands. Someone in a previous thread mentioned pissing on their peppers.

Works for me.

willkat98 said:
Harry, it was TK who had the burning hands.

And Phil, why wash your hands. Someone in a previous thread mentioned pissing on their peppers.

Works for me.

Sorry! Some of the Bash is still a little fuzzy :?

All this great advice. Thanks! No really...thanks. I did find a cure. Get the fire really hot in the box and while not paying attention, maybe talking to one of your buddys, open the fire box and burn all the farking skin off. The peppers are a distant memory. Really they just quit burning after a while. No biggy. The turds were good. A friend wanted to try one early (beofre they were cooked) and it lit him up! I tried to warn him but he said if you can eat them...you know the rest. It all turned out great but the picnic was a little gristley, so I'll stick to butts. The spray bottle of oil did wonders.

Capsaicin (the chemical that gives the heat to hot peppers) is insoluble in water. If the pain is too intense, relief can be obtained by washing your hands in alcohol.

Personally, I would wash my hands first with soap and water, then wash my hands again in a bowl of alcohol. That way, I wouldn't waste any alcohol (which I consider to be alcohol abuse).

Mark (STL)

I found out the hard way that you need to take contact lenses out BEFORE you handle peppers. I made the mistake of waiting one time and even though I washed my hands several times, my eye snapped shut as soon as I tried taking the contact out. Even worse, like a dumba**, I tried putting it back in the next day thinking the contact solution washed the capsaicin off....not a chance.

Things I've used that semi-work to get the capsaicin off your hands is lemon juice and peanut oil. I've even gone as far as washing my hands in acetone (fingernail polish remover) but that's not too healthy. Just invest in rubber gloves and remember to wash off any kitchen surfaces you touch while you're cutting them.

Capsaicin is also soluble in fat. That's probably why the peanut oil helped.

Mark (STL)

Okay I have to share. Have been reading this thread and go to breakfast today at work. A co worker mentioned how he had seeded a a bunch of japs the night before to dehydrate. Goes to bed later and decides to care of business with the Miss. Taking care of business when she starts yelling get off me you son of a bitch. Guess his fuse lite her on fire. I laughed my ass off. Yep is was a fellow brethren guess he should pay more attention to our threads. :) As Jim Morrison would say" Come on baby light my fire." A Classic.

Had a Senior moment

It would be a definite classic if JT did it. What a snoozer! He did Fire and Rain. We should try to list some good BBQ songs like that. "Smoke on the Water", who did that?

John

"I got drunk the wife left me and the damn dog got hit by a train"

Back