MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #76
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUST SMOKIN' View Post
I figured it out last night. I remember now. Remember we were rookies last year. We were just excited to get 2 calls at SAM'S ! BEGINNERS LUCK ???

I think ya all kicked my ass there too. I think I have Harry Gantitis?
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #77
Boochie
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Bootchie is Jeff from Big Daddys .You remember the guy that whipped our asses in Madison last summer ?
Your so funny coz, you have handed my ass to me many a time!
Boochie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #78
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Maybe ... Butt you got it done that day in a damn tuff field !

just Cloning around

Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #79
sweetracks
Full Fledged Farker

Don't forget that all teams that are a member of the Great Lakes BBQ Association, will earn Team of the Year points! If you haven't signed up yet and are going to do at least 3 comps in WI, IN, IL, and MI, get over to glbbqa.com!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #80
JUST SMOKIN'
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Team roster

Well fellow brethren, with 10 weeks to go till the MASTERS IN MAY we are at 42 confirmed teams! More than half are already paid and we are a week or two away from setting up spots in the campground. Teams need to remember that we are limiting this comp to 48 TEAMS, with no exceptions. So... we have come to the point where sending in registration fees is a must to reserve your spot. Remember a 48 teams roster guarantees the $ 7500.00 purse ! So if you have a friend sitting on the fence, get him signed up! Also teams that have special needs regarding their campsite can message me and I will work with the committee to setup your spot at the event.
Once again I need to thank CAPTAIN RON for his help in rallying the ILLINOIS teams, We now have 9 confirmed ILLINOIS teams Also our thanks to RICH PARKER and MARK RASMUSSEN & the Great Lakes BBQ Association, MICHIGAN wil be represented by 6 teams, and for the first time will be able to join the GLBBQA TEAM OF THE YEAR honors, and the BEAK TO BEAK challenge

ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, please call me at 920 410 1897.

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
Oshkosh, WI 54902
JUST SMOKIN' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #81
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetracks View Post
Don't forget that all teams that are a member of the Great Lakes BBQ Association, will earn Team of the Year points! If you haven't signed up yet and are going to do at least 3 comps in WI, IN, IL, and MI, get over to glbbqa.com!

For those of you who dont know about the GLBBQA and their team of the year program, They have a Team Of The Year contest where it only takes 3 contest results to count. This a nice deal for most of us that cant compete a lot. This year for the first time Wisconsin teams and contests are included. All you have to do is be a member . I believe Sweetracks is administrator this season. Questions ? Give him a message . Knowing a few of the board members over there I think that with their growth this program will be outstanding. Also as a perk the leader of the overall TOY standings at the cutoff date for the world food championship gets an invite to that .

just Cloning around

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #82
do0d
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm in! 3rd comp, but 1st sanctioned for me. I'm competing under team name Smoke Infusion. I competed under Barbecuties in my 2 other events in Greenville (Now I bet Tim knows who I am, haha). That name was already registered so I finally came up with something else :) Can't believe the turn out for this event...I was #22 paid and was told there are 44 with verbal commitments.
do0d is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #83
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

Talked to the boys think we are going to head up to this event, maybe we can get the shanks out of the way before westmont?!? Lofty goal.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #84
JUST SMOKIN'
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Campsites

Okay Guys, Don't all talk at once, but I am starting to help lay out sites for the MASTERS IN MAY. If you are paid and have a "special" need email me and I will do all I can when I talk to the committee to accomodate you.

They have one whole street of the campground that has 23 sites 9 back to back (1 , 1 single on one side of the street and 4 on the other side.
sites 151 thru 164 and 166 thru 174

They have one street along the pond with 12 sites facing the pond.
sites 251 thru 257 and 259 thru 263

They have another street with 8 sites 2 back to back (4) 1 single and 3 on the other side.
sites 56 thru 61, 71 & 72

some of these are assigned.

If you are using a cabin and cooking at the cabin let me know and I can free up some of the outside spots and bring teams in closer.

Thanks
Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

[email protected]

Last edited by JUST SMOKIN'; 02-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #85
billm
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUST SMOKIN' View Post
Okay Guys, Don't all talk at once, but I am starting to help lay out sites for the MASTERS IN MAY. If you are paid and have a "special" need email me and I will do all I can when I talk to the committee to accomodate you.

They have one whole street of the campground that has 23 sites 9 back to back (1 , 1 single on one side of the street and 4 on the other side.
sites 151 thru 164 and 166 thru 174

They have one street along the pond with 12 sites facing the pond.
sites 251 thru 257 and 259 thru 263

They have another street with 8 sites 2 back to back (4) 1 single and 3 on the other side.
sites 56 thru 61, 71 & 72

some of these are assigned.

If you are using a cabin and cooking at the cabin let me know and I can free up some of the outside spots and bring teams in closer.

Thanks
Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

[email protected]
id like to know how far form turn in my cabin was ..i was told it was right next to the campsites where the cookers will be but now it looks like three different areas for sites? either way id like to keep my camp site since i paid for it in my entry fee and there is electric and water at the campsite (i assume)
I did PM you asking for specifics on things but never heard back..I can email you if that works better

Alveron Cooker
Weber 26.75 inch Kettle & Summit Gold gasser
Cypriot Grill & Optimal Automatics Party Que
http://www.headsredbbq.com
billm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #86
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Default Re: Masters in May, Fremont, WI - May 3&4, 2013

Other than hopefully being adjacent to the team I pm'd you about we're not too picky tim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #87
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

We are signed up and just curious if we got a cabin, are golf carts going to be permitted?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #88
JUST SMOKIN'
Knows what a fatty is.

Default kave dweller

Yes they rent golfcarts. Will you be cooking at your cabin or in a designated campsite? doesn't matter either way, just want to setup the sites

Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #89
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

I'm sure we will just be staying in the trailer on the designated site.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #90
Twelvegaugepump
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default Masters in May, Fremont, WI - May 3&4, 2013

My wife and I both got our confirmation email today for judging. Can't wait for this contest. Sounds like it will be big. Great venue for this too!
Twelvegaugepump is offline   Reply With Quote