BPS Sweet Money and went over it with a layer of BPS Cuckoo Racha

JO4seZCh.jpg

Let that baby sweat through

T6sM5ckh.jpg

Made potato salad while the smoker was going

J0KVxUqh.jpg

Oh there were wangs too :biggrin1:

r8kiwjMh.jpg

Color one the ribs was insane. The rub mixed with Cherry and Oak pellets helped for sure

OOxprEQh.jpg

Wangs were for snacking

C6CYUHmh.jpg

:hungry:

7VJPQhlh.jpg

Wangs went in last and of course came out first

iY0QHdrh.jpg

Star of the show came off next

0RhlTXYh.jpg

Man! They sure plumped up nice

IzpaU40h.jpg

Time for the taste test

oBHAAXbh.jpg

XyNUh4qh.jpg

Easily the best short ribs I've had. :whoo::whoo: Packed with flavor and the aftertaste pleasantly lingering in your mouth where I didn't want to go to the second piece. All I can say is I've made short ribs before that I thought were insane but this blows it out of the water. Hands down the best so far.

Some pieces looked like brisket

uruijGuh.jpg

Even burnt ends :clap2:

LhZLT9Kh.jpg

Ribs were so moist that when I sliced them they burst juice on my shirt :laugh:

2UpEgygh.jpg

Oh yeah!

No8q1sJh.jpg

This morning I made breakfast with the rib meats, sausage, sautéed onions and eggs topped with pickled carrots, jalapenos and sauce

ZT5VvdQh.jpg

We had some of the best out of MI and some whiskey the night before so it def hit the spot :becky:

GoBLC2zh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
You are making up for lost time. That is how you throwdown!

I will take good short ribs over brisket, and I know exactly how those tasted. Everything else, as always, was on point. Glad to see you putting that Yoder to use.

Oh I forgot to mention the brew selection. Come on man!

Very nice! Not only do you know your meat, but you obviously know your good brew too! I bet that KBS waved down those short ribs quite nicely... :eusa_clap

You are making up for lost time. That is how you throwdown!

I will take good short ribs over brisket, and I know exactly how those tasted. Everything else, as always, was on point. Glad to see you putting that Yoder to use.

Oh I forgot to mention the brew selection. Come on man!

Thanks Josh!

Man, I love the Yoder. It does a stellar job and def wasn't expecting it to perform this good since there is so much "negative press" on pellet smokers. Even the smoke flavor profile is on point for me plus it gives you a smoke ring. What else does a man want? :becky:

I'm with you on short ribs over brisket and I absolutely love brisket. This stuff was so good my buddy stopped eating and wouldn't shut up on how "ridicilous" this is. :laugh:

Very nice! Not only do you know your meat, but you obviously know your good brew too! I bet that KBS waved down those short ribs quite nicely... :eusa_clap

Thanks DD!

You bet. We washed the beef down with KBS and CBS. KBS is much better IMHO.

Thanks Josh!

Man, I love the Yoder. It does a stellar job and def wasn't expecting it to perform this good since there is so much "negative press" on pellet smokers. Even the smoke flavor profile is on point for me plus it gives you a smoke ring. What else does a man want? :becky:

I'm with on short ribs over brisket and I absolutely love brisket. This stuff was so good my buddy stopped eating and wouldn't shut up on how "ridicilous" this is. :laugh:

:laugh: So you are saying they were worth $7 a pound.

Every time I fire up the Yoder, I am impressed. I haven't tried food off of any other pellet cooker, so I don't know how they stack up, and probably will never find out. Unless someone else I know, buys a different brand.

I think the negatives, are from people use to a dirty fire. If you are use to TBS, the Yoder is certainly in the neighborhood. The lack of work, makes up for the difference for me.

Dang brother! Food looks phenomenal!! I would say nice skills...but you kind of cheated...lol.
#pelletheadinthemaking

Dang brother! Food looks phenomenal!! I would say nice skills...but you kind of cheated...lol.
#pelletheadinthemaking

My dad always taught me, the only unfair fight, is one where you didn't do everything you can to win. No such thing as cheating.

:laugh: So you are saying they were worth $7 a pound.

Every time I fire up the Yoder, I am impressed. I haven't tried food off of any other pellet cooker, so I don't know how they stack up, and probably will never find out. Unless someone else I know, buys a different brand.

I think the negatives, are from people use to a dirty fire. If you are use to TBS, the Yoder is certainly in the neighborhood. The lack of work, makes up for the difference for me.

Fark yeah! $7 is actually a bargain considering they're black angus and prime even with some that contest short rib is a short rib is a short rib. :becky:

TBS is key and this cooker achieves it flawlessly. I agree with you on the dirty smoke some are used to?? :noidea: Smoke profile is a bit subtle than my stick burner and I can live with that since I do 10% of the work. It's got to do with pellets too. There are a lot of chitty pellets out there. I've been using Lumberjack and very happy with them.

Fark yeah! $7 is actually a bargain considering they're black angus and prime even with some that contest short rib is a short rib is a short rib. :becky:

TBS is key and this cooker achieves it flawlessly. I agree with you on the dirty smoke some are used to?? :noidea: Smoke profile is a bit subtle than my stick burner and I can live with that since I do 10% of the work. It's got to do with pellets too. There are a lot of chitty pellets out there. I've been using Lumberjack and very happy with them.

What type of LJ pellets have you taken a liking to?

Iv'e tried the big 3, LJ, Cooking Pellets, and BBQ Delight. LJ is cheaper, and in my opinion, far better than the others. I refuse to buy a pellet, that doesn't list their content on the bag. If it is a proprietary blend, they are hiding something.

Looking good Sako! How long did the Short Ribs take and what temperature did you smoke them at?

What type of LJ pellets have you taken a liking to?

I like their Oak, Hickory, Cherry, Pecan. I don't care for the competition blend as its seems unable to pack a punch in the BTU dept. I did brisket with the comp blend it took forever and the cooker wasn't running as hot. Comp blend probably for fish or poultry or something but I doubt I'd buy it again.

Iv'e tried the big 3, LJ, Cooking Pellets, and BBQ Delight. LJ is cheaper, and in my opinion, far better than the others. I refuse to buy a pellet, that doesn't list their content on the bag. If it is a proprietary blend, they are hiding something.

Yup! The guy I bought the Yoder from recommended BBQers Delight but I couldn't get my hands on it here. He said he didn't like LJ but I like it a lot. It burns really clean, gives a nice smoke profile and hardly any ash at the end. No complaints from me. I will try BBQer's delight at some point I think but LJ is excellent.

I absolutely love Cookin’ Pellets Perfect Mix... with that said, I haven’t tried LJ pellets. I did however just score a deal on 8 40lb bags of LJ 100% Oak that I am looking forward to burning, especially when grilling (higher BTU’s).

Curious to hear how you’d compare Cookin’ Pellets to LJ. As much as I love CP, I am definitely not opposed to trying something new that comes highly recommended by somebody like yourself :)

Looking good Sako! How long did the Short Ribs take and what temperature did you smoke them at?

Thanks Bacchus!

It took about 5.5 to 6 hours. I started at 275 but the last two hours I bumped it to 325 ish since it got really cold in the mountains.

I absolutely love Cookin’ Pellets Perfect Mix... with that said, I haven’t tried LJ pellets. I did however just score a deal on 8 40lb bags of LJ 100% Oak that I am looking forward to burning, especially when grilling (higher BTU’s).

Curious to hear how you’d compare Cookin’ Pellets to LJ. As much as I love CP, I am definitely not opposed to trying something new that comes highly recommended by somebody like yourself :)

I feel the same way about Cookin Pellets perfect blend, as Sako does the LJ Comp blend. Just missing the flavor profile I want. I also agree with him on the LJ Comp Blend. They aren't the best. Cookin Pellets 100% Hickory are good, but LJ's have a better flavor to me. Might be different for you, but I think LJ 100% Hickory and their mesquite blend are the 2 best pellets on the market. I haven't found their pecan yet, if I get them, that might change my mind. The LJ Cherry is good too, but I find they give a little lighter smoke profile, but they are good with poultry and pork. I put them in the amaze-n-tube for a little extra flavor and color, while using the hickory in the hopper.

Back