"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

About 100* with 108 heat index here this weekend.
The only thing I am sure of is cast iron pizza tomorrow.

I need to get some breakfast fatties cooked up for the freezer though. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Happy weekend!

Was nothing on the menu for this weekend, but then I found these bad boys in Wegman’s this morning, so that’s changed now…

ED9-AFA43-FF22-42-F2-91-BB-17-C47841-CFAB.jpg

I’ve not done beef back ribs before, so any tips are welcome. (Since I have two racks, I think I’ll experiment. I’m thinking of doing one “fancy”, one fairly plain - SPOGOS probably)

Last edited:
Steaks one night and Ribs the other.

With the heat and all the fires close by - I can just lay the ribs on the deck to smoke them.

It is pretty *****ed up for many people right now.

Wife had to pick up a couple scripts at The Wal-Mart pharmacia. I tagged along and hit the meat and seasoning aisle. Grabbed a bottle of store brand EBTBagel, perused the Sausage bin looking for green chile Johnsonville- had everything except GC. I was drawn to the beef bins where yesterday I claimed a choice brisket at a decent price. Rest were gone. Perused the beef parts looking for a heart for chili, nope. But inspiration hit at 3.98# for beef cheeks. Grabbed two packs of two beef cheeks for $21.00.
I have a full rack of Spares to cook at some point. Cucumbers are overflowing. Shi****o peppers have hit. Perhaps a roasted shi****o cucumber dip.

Be safe and happy weekend
In summary:-: Hike-Bike-Cook-Beer

shi****o peppers have hit. Perhaps a roasted shi****o cucumber dip.

Twice? That’s it, I’m reporting you to the mods.

In summary:-: Hike-Bike-Cook-Beer

Substitute “kayak” for “hike” and I’d think you’ve been reading my evil plans.

Aphter pheeling like crap last weekend got tested and phound out I'm positive (yes I was vaccinated). No cooking this weekend, the side ephects are enough to keep me busy.

Dang... Hope you're feeling better soon Marty!

Sous Ving a tri tip today.
Tomorrow is open. I might just mix up something cold to sip on and spend the day on a floatie in the pool..... OR go fishing.

Have a great weekend Phu and Brethren!

Back