Country Style pork Ribs One The Weber Kettle

I'm having some country ribs tonight but I will create a great sin. I will be cooking them in the instant pot with a touch of liquid smoke because my work schedule doesn't let me grill/smoke much during the week.

One Hour In Pit Temp 260

20151209_082405-01-picsay.jpg

What kind of CSR loin or shoulder?? They gotta be loin by the looks though. Loin I wouldn't ever go past 150* and shoulder probe tender

It's a pet peve of mine the call both cuts csr :tsk:

2:45 IN MOPPED WITH BBQ SAUCE I Had teh probe suck all teh way through so it wasn't getting an accurate reading. The temp right now internal is 147

I'm not sure fwismoker.

They are loin for sure. They look good but remember loin cuts will be at their best around 140-150*
Normally don't take that long to cook....just real important to know what cut you're dealing with so you cook them best.

Last edited:
They are loin for sure. They look good but remember loin cuts will be at their best around 140-150*
Normally don't take that long to cook....just real important to know what cut you're dealing with so you cook them best.

I pulled them off at 150. I wouldn't have had I not read your comment so thank you so much. Came out great.

I left three wrapped in foil on the pit and closed the bottom vent. Going to pull them off after an hour to see the difference.

The foiled ones you are basically braising so they should be tender...foil tends to keep moisture in.

Because they say "ribs" in the name folks tend to over cook them. Glad they came out well!

What's the dead giveaway if they are loin or shoulder csr's?

I didn't notice the packaging until now but notice it says cut from rib ends...i love those. Basically cut from above the BB ribs but they are still loin meat. AKA pork chop meat.The length of the cut, lighter less redish coloring of the meat and of course some will have a little bone. Very juicy and tasty imo.

Shoulder cut are shorter, more redish, usually cut thicker....being a shoulder cut cook to tender not temp

Next time you get some try grilling them. I cant give you any temps but direct over coals for about 5 mins per side if I remember right. With montreal steak seasoning it's hard tell if it's pork or beef. CSR are cheap here ($1.14/lb) which makes them good for testing different rubs and techniques in one session

I love some csr no matter where they are cut from. Those look really tasty.

Back