Original Recipe Throwdown Entry, Agave-Chipotle Sauce

oldgfbbq

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is the cook thread for an entry in "Original Recipe" throwdown, Agave-Chipotle Sauce for chicken wings and other. Entry is for the Agave-Chipotle sauce, a 50/50 mix of Chipotle Sauce and agave syrup.

Sorry, last photo out of order.

Attachments

• Chip-recipeb.jpg
    Chip-recipeb.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Don't worry if the photos are out of order G-man, I know which order to dive in! That looks delicious and I can't wait to give some of these original recipes a try for myself, this is definitely one of them.

We're huge fans of agave and chipotle in this household so this recipe is right up our alley. :clap:

Thanks. We are eager to try the bacon jam recipe at our house.

In attempting to come up with a chipotle sauce, it was just too hot for the general new engand customer. The agave syrup was perfect for diluting the heat and adding more sweetness at the same time, so both were offered. A waitress fell in love with it, sold it heavily and was important in making it our most often ordered wing sauce.

Also, we pulled pork and sauced it to order. One customer requested the Agave-Chipotle sauce with an extra shot of Chipotle, rather than BBQ on his sandwich.

It's an easy recipe to tweak based on the variety of chipotle peppers available in your area. You can also get by without the citric acid granules, but it does make a difference if you have them, such as for the margarita mix.

Back