Wild Hog Pulled Pork

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you know there is a pellet cooker throwdown going on? Come and join in the fun!

Bubba came up for a visit from Arkansas and brought up some wild hog. Figured we'd cook it up today. Small one, little over three lbs.

vsiJrd9h.jpg

I think this is where the arrow hit.

gSbbyENh.jpg

Coat of some Porkmafia Memphis Mud and into the FEC.

XXIgZFxh.jpg

Getting there...

LWRO9U7h.jpg

Done.

itnG040h.jpg

Just made the creamiest mac n cheese EVER. Google Sodium Citrate. :wink:

Served up with mac n cheese, VINE-gar slaw & charro beans

djjlMVkh.jpg

F2DAgpkh.jpg

Taste? Extra porky pulled pork, good stuff. Thanks for looking.

Looks good

Have always wondered about wild hog and their taste. Have few locations here in NE Fl where we can hunt them but was unsure of flavor and if guests would be put off by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good

Have always wondered about wild hog and their taste. Have few locations here in NE Fl where we can hunt them but was unsure of flavor and if guests would be put off by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've hunted and ate them for decades and a sow or bar-hog tastes better than a domestic hog for my taste. Boar meat looks just as good but there is a hint of a smell that puts me off and makes it inedible for me. Some people don't mind it or can't smell it and they're just as happy with either.

I've hunted and ate them for decades and a sow or bar-hog tastes better than a domestic hog for my taste. Boar meat looks just as good but there is a hint of a smell that puts me off and makes it inedible for me. Some people don't mind it or can't smell it and they're just as happy with either.
No strange smell, so I guess it must have been a sow.

looks good! I got a sow shoulder in the freezer...need to check the date and perhaps try it out.

Looks good Andy,

Shot a 700 pounder and it was pretty tough. sausaage was good but had to pressure cook most everything else.

Back