• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beach Pizza On The STOK Drum Using The Kettle Pizza Insert

Pretty Cool! Cook anything, anywhere! They look great!

I've wondered about the Stok stuff. Target, right?

I have a Kettlepizza that I've only used once. I want to make some sort of heat sink for the top of the pie as well.

How do you like the kettle pizza insert? I bought the deluxe kit for this a couple of years ago. For me it is a pain in the but to setup and keep at a consistent temp. I only used it a few times and the pizza was ok. I had a hard time getting consistant heat on the top and bottom.
Wondering if I gave up to early? It was alot of money for that set up.

Very nice! Pizza looks delicious! And on the beach even! :thumb:

How do you like the kettle pizza insert? I bought the deluxe kit for this a couple of years ago. For me it is a pain in the but to setup and keep at a consistent temp. I only used it a few times and the pizza was ok. I had a hard time getting consistant heat on the top and bottom.
Wondering if I gave up to early? It was alot of money for that set up.

I think you just need to work it a little. The thinner you spread the dough the better. I use a wood peel to prepare on and shift to the cooking surface and a metal peel to manipulate.

Get the heat cranking and add wood after every pizza or so. When you place your dough on the hot surface, try to plae it toward the back, once you see the dough round up on the bbottom and separate from the cooking surface, pull it out with teh metal peel, give it a 180 degree turn and put back toward the back, after a minute or two you'll have your crust browned nicely. Then place the metal peel under the pie and dome it by lifting it so the toppings get cooked and the crust won't burn.

Trial and error and after about three pies you can really see what works for you.

I feel like this is one of those things I would plan out then bail at the last minute and do it all on the back porch. Nice spread! Loving that grill and accessory.

That looks really good. Great day at the beach!

I just know that my ol' lady would be plenty PO'd if I posted a pic of her where everyone could see down her top.
:shocked:

Back