Xtra long knife roll

smokin'hoogie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about investing in a nice leather knife roll. I do want to make sure it can accommodate my 14" Brisket slicer. (19.5")

The more pockets, the better!!

Any recommendations?

Sorry, I don't own one. I watch Top Chef and they all use them. What I have noticed is that I see quite the variety and not a lot of matching knives which makes sense. Maybe you could catch an episode and get some ideas.

Thinking about investing in a nice leather knife roll. I do want to make sure it can accommodate my 14" Brisket slicer. (19.5")

Any recommendations?

I did a quick search for "Leather Knife Roll" and a bunch came up through Etsy. You will likely have to have one "custom" made if you want to carry a knife almost 20" long......likely close to a 24" finished length will be needed.

Why leather? Holds moisture. Canvas might be a better choice.

IMO- pretty long to be be holstered in a knife roll. I just use my brisket knife for...brisket. Not cooking brisket- don't need it. If I need to haul my brisket knife, anywhere it gets its own sheath- at my hip or slung over the shoulder whatever fits the mood.

Wouldn't do leather either- but ....up to you.

Any recommendations?

fCNYoxW.jpg

I sharpen knives for a chef and he got this one at the CIA in the mid 70's. I wish I had a full photo but this is my reference photo for angles on each blade.... but basically there is a flap long enough to fold down over the blades, then the entire outfit is rolled up. You might try your local canvas shop, the ones we have make everything from boat covers to saddle bags for motorcycles, and even do repair on leather chaps for bikers and woodcutters. With a basic pattern I'm sure they can make a knife roll to your specifications.

Thanks for all of the responses gentlemen!

I may take the canvass recommendation and see what's out there. I have looked at a variety of those and have seen some really nice ones. Might be more practical and ultimately, more durable.

When needed, Super slicer might have to ride shotgun in it's own sheath.

Back