Ok pellet people

Whodat985

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Whodat985
Noticed this on my rec tec today. At low temps there’s real good smoke coming though the pit as soon as you raise the temp to 300 the smoke goes away. Is this how pellet grill work ? I’m fine with it I’ll just adjust to start low to get the smoke then raise temp after. I also raised the feed are to the max. I also noticed a lot of people using an amazin tube. Any tips ?

Yes sir! Some pits still smoke at 300°, but most fizzle out. The lower the set temp, the more smoldering of pellets you’ll get. More smoldering equals more smoke :)

... At low temps there’s real good smoke coming though the pit as soon as you raise the temp to 300 the smoke goes away. Is this how pellet grill work ?
Yup. Smoke comes from smoldering pellets, heat comes from burning. For more heat you trade smoldering for burning. If you put a blanket on the cooker, you will need less heat.

I also noticed a lot of people using an amazin tube. Any tips ?
Yup again. I use the adjustable length tube, set to the front/back distance of my cookers and just lay it on the grate to the right, out of the way. That gets me the maximum pellet charge/maximum smoke time. Maybe six hours? I don't remember. The maze would work fine, too, but it takes up a lot of grate space. I usually get about 11 hours from it.

Yup about 300. I too use the amazin tube. If I have time I just use the tube for about an hour or at 220 then up to 300

Back