You're All Invited to The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on 3-21-2020

Well on the hunt this morning for a handful of items we need for our cooks at the Bash!
Will suit up at 09:30 and hit the road! :mrgreen:

We have 2 cases of covid19 in my hometown. Y'all should feel safer that I'm not gonna be there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mod.gif
Only 4 DAYS and 18 Hours till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

So let's do a quick roll call on who and with how many will be attending the Bash.
Please go to the sign up sheet link in my signature line today and bring it current!!

By doing this everyone will know:
Who and how many will be there.
How many cookers we will have to cook on.
What you are bringing and or going to be cooking.

How much stuff we need to cook.

Also if you would let us know if you can bring serving gloves, paper towels, solo cups, paper plates, forks, spoons and all the other stuff I may have missed.

The State is ramping up their cleaning of the restrooms (public spaces) at the parks but I would still bring some Lysol Disinfecting wipes and TP for trips to the restrooms.

Lastly, if you are or think you are sick please take care of yourself at home and we will see you next time.

I would like to see everybody have a great time and go home safe and in good health.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

90% Successful this morning. Only major item left is the Cabo!! Going to get that later today hopefully. :mrgreen:

i don't want to insert myself into this conversation, bu i think it is incredibly irresponsible to have the bash given current circumstances. The fed just said to limit groups to less than 10 people.

Plus, this sort of gathering is really the riskiest right now... having a bunch of people from a variety of areas get together and then go back to their individual communities. If just 1 person at the bash is sick, it could end up spreading it to a number of communities.

Please don't do this bash and reschedule for a few months from now.

I'll be honest. I'm getting a lot of pushback from my family today.

I may have to make the call today or tomorrow.

I'll say this. There should be no shame for not attending. Everyone has different types of people in their lives. I have a 4 month old grandbaby and my wife is in a high risk category. I probably would have to back out. You know I love you guys and would hate for anyone to get sick or worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Being as I work in a large hospital in Dallas have decided not to attend. My primary area to work is low risk but am entering an environment where potential to exposure is higher than normal.

Y'all be safe out there!

Well guys I'm gonna call it and postpone the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash.

I've asked a few people I trust and knowledgeable somewhat about things like this.
I believe it would be prudent to just postpone it for later this Spring.
If it was just me I would be there but it's not.
It's all of us and I would hate to have one of us take ill with the virus when attending the Bash and possibly pass it on to their family at home.

Please call, text or email the other guys in case they don't see this post.

I hope you understand.

I just received a phone call, yes a phone call, and the gentleman said the Texas Parks has cancelled reservations for group locations and I will be receiving my money back.
Thank you Texas State Parks for the call. I do appreciate it. :mrgreen:

Back