Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 130 deg - 140 deg

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • 140 deg 150 deg

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • burn the h*** out of um

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I'll cook 1.5" by temp. Thinner ones get 500*F grill with one flip. Thicker ones get 130-140 and a 10 min rest for carryover. Roughly shoot for 145-155*F served hot. Want to leave enough room for them to be microwaved (leftovers) the next day etc.

I'm an odd one. While I like my steaks medium rare, I like my burgers very well done. I like that extra bit of crunch/char a well done burger gets on the outside

I temp all ground products. I cheat the 165° rule more on bison and pull it at 150° ish, beef is pulled before 155°, pork burger and chicken burger go to high 150°s. All get rested for at least 3 minutes.

I'm an odd one. While I like my steaks medium rare, I like my burgers very well done. I like that extra bit of crunch/char a well done burger gets on the outside

Same here precisely. To me a burger is all about the sightly charred crust. The best burger cooks can still nail the crust while keeping the interior a nice medium/medium rare, but when I'm eating out I usually order my burgers medium well and everything else medium rare.

I voted 140-150. BUT, the reality of my burgers is more like 140 - waaaaay not pink or juicy anymore. I just cook it until it looks good, and sometimes I get it right and it's pink. When I have my mom or my inlaws, they all get cooked to the internal temp of, "if I see pink I won't eat it" degrees.

I dont take temps...try to pull while they are med well and juicy...sometimes it comes out a lil less..sometimes a lil more.

I do exactly what Cowgirl said. If it's my grind I'll do med rare-ish. If it's store bought then 165. I don't really temp them.
If I'm going to someone else's house...Hot dog please.

Back