pork loin

jdmc55

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am cooking whole pork loin this weekend. Should I inject?

Yes.

1/2 ounce to 1 ounce per pound of apple or apple/white grape juice is awesome. Add 1/2 to 1 gram of salt per ounce of juice and dissolve well. You want it to be slightly salty to the taste. They are ready to cook in 1 hour, but I prefer to let them dwell for at least 2 hours.

Cook time is about 90 minutes at 275° and this is one time you want to pay attention to the thermometer. Pull at 142°. This photo is from the rib end, hence the darker muscle group.

9qIb4px.jpg

Sirloin end

G3ymfxb.jpg

Thanks for the info. I have cooked several time before but I butterflied and put whiskey and brown sugar and mustard in them and folded them up. these are for a fund raiser for my son. Didn't see the point of all that for a sandwich fund raiser.

Thanks for the info. I have cooked several time before but I butterflied and put whiskey and brown sugar and mustard in them and folded them up. these are for a fund raiser for my son. Didn't see the point of all that for a sandwich fund raiser.

I've cooked for a ton of charity events, pot-lucks, wakes and things like that, and pork loin is the best value on the planet, and the cook timing is very predictable. One Sunday I hung a loin every 30 minutes for 5 hours. Someone else bought a ton of King's Hawaiian rolls so people could build sliders. other people signed up for sides and cookies and brownies and such. At the end of the day there was enough pork and rolls for 40 sliders, and I had a bunch of go-boxes. So it worked out perfectly. There were no leftovers.

Do you use a rub also?

Of course. Injectable brines are generally in the 'Lite Brine' category so a rub is no going to make something too salty. Start with the 1/2 gram of salt per ounce of juice on your first one, you can always adjust the amount later.

Thanks so much. BTW that is a good looking loin. Hope mine is close.

It will be if you watch the internal temp and rest it a few minutes. Be prepared to explain that clear juices mean the meat is done. When serving sauce I warm it and slightly thin it with some juice, otherwise it's too easy for people to over sauce.

It may have to rest a while, 30+ minutes. It will be in my cambro though.

Back