Upon reflection, maybe not the best setup for lighting a chimney

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Cooking a few chickens tonight in the kettle and got distracted when lighting the charcoal so the fire is getting a little low and they still have 15-20 min to go. Decided to light a few extra coals using the side burner of my gasser. After doing it I looked back and remembered where I was storing the extra (full) propane tank.

It has now been relocated

c2a608ad097a40487a43a0b85510bd97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I've done worse. Glad you saw it sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally, someone actually found a use for a side burner! :thumb:
Also useful to fry fish w/out smelling up the hose :)

As to the OP, I see a carpet on a wood deck with the possibility that sparks or loose coals could start a fire. Propane would only be frosting on the cake.

When I served with the local volunteer fire department I had the privilege to visit similar setups and extinguish the fire before the house was destroyed.

Kudos for admitting this. :thumb:

As cookers, we deal with this every turn. "Do I burn down my house?"

Safety above all!

As Ed said, no leak no problem.

However if there is a leak? Ya make the news!

Good call on moving it :thumb:

There are adults that made a conscious decision to allow me to give advice to their children......so there's that :becky:

As a parent who's raised five, they don't come with a manual. Who knows, your,..... unconventional? approach might be right!

It certainly worked okay for you this weekend! Nice job with the kids on the competition

Also useful to fry fish w/out smelling up the hose :)

As to the OP, I see a carpet on a wood deck with the possibility that sparks or loose coals could start a fire. Propane would only be frosting on the cake.

When I served with the local volunteer fire department I had the privilege to visit similar setups and extinguish the fire before the house was destroyed.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. You're right, not a great idea. I will say that it was completely saturated with slush. I wouldn't have done it had things been dry.

Finally, someone actually found a use for a side burner! :thumb:

Ain't that the truth. I really wanted a side burner when I bought that grill, probably eight to ten years ago. I'm not sure I've averaged a single use per year in that time.

Back