Another Comp in the books

Smokin D@wg@77

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well guys are 6th comp is in the books and it was a learning lesson but still good finish. We did well enough to take another top 5 finish in backyard div for this season finishing 4th overall. 1st place chicken (our 1st 1st) 1st place ribs 9th in pork , and 8th in brisket. I made a mistake not double checking our rub inventory on Thursday off the check list. So at 1 am when came time to season the brisket we were short one of our main ingredients , we tried to adapt and over come but brisket just didn't have the right flavor. Lesson learned in comp BBQ its the little things that make up the big differences. Onto the next comp this weekend this be our 3rd in a back to back to back run. Again thanks for all great advice here it has been received well.

Last edited:
I can clerly see why you got 1st in chicken and ribs. :thumb:

I have never seen a black turn-in box, and since you can't use garnish I kind of like the contrast they give the meats.

I can clerly see why you got 1st in chicken and ribs. :thumb:

I have never seen a black turn-in box, and since you can't use garnish I kind of like the contrast they give the meats.

Yea we been pretty consistent with ribs , we had only 1 time out of top 5 in ribs ! and that was an 8th.

Yea love the black boxes gives it a whole different look

Back