This is a great place!

East Tennessee Smoker

Reaction score
Hello all. I guess I should have posted here first but didn't realize that until after I made a couple other posts. Anyway, glad to be in the community. I started playing around with smoking meat about 15 years ago when someone gave me an electric smoker. The element went out soon after that and I modified it into a charcoal burner. Experimented with several others and ended up making an UDS, I love that thing and still have it. Had a Black Warrior Cherokee stick burner, recently sold it and got a Yoder YS640. A few other outdoor cooking appliances not worth details.

I am originally from Indiana where I grew up on a farm and worked construction. I hooked up with a General Contractor from Knoxville in 1999 doing a job near my hometown and i ended up traveling with them for 16 years. Got burned out working on the road so I moved to East TN and still work for the same company as a Project Manager.

Have 2 boys (men) who spent some time in the Army Special Ops. Me and the wife and dog live in a log cabin just off a beautiful lake here in East TN.

I look forward to learning, sharing and just having fun here.

Thanks! John

Great to have you here, John. Those BWS look like extremely well built smokers. I hate to hear that you just sold it because I may have been able to convince the wife to let me buy it. Anyway, it sounds like you have your own piece of Heaven living in a cabin off a lake. Looking forward to more posts!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back