Sunday PitBoss Tailgater UnBoxing & Season w/Brisket (& Will Probably Use it at Comp Next Weekend)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Since I did my standard wake up at 3am on a Sunday...........:clap2:.......I was thinking about all my Pitbosses as fellow brethren DRMSMKER swung by yesterday to pick up one of the Tailgaters I have. After talking about all the cookers I was thinking of using the one I will keep soon.

Well it is happening sooner rather than later :becky:. So here's the random plan I thought of since being awake for a few hours.

-1st thought was let's get it open and tell larger tiny human that it is his and smaller tiny humans smoker to share.
-2nd: As standard just open it up, skip whatever "seasoning" instructions the "manual" says to do and go buy a brisket at some grocery store that is open at 5am
-D: Cook that today
-10thly: Bring it to my comp this weekend and cook an A9 on it with only have done one cook on it (today's cook) because that's what smart people do:clap2::clap2:

So ran to a Kroger a littler further away than my normal as I know they sometimes carry brisket and they were $1.99lb (which the one Ronbrad62 cooked yesterday looked banging). They had one left in the case and is a nice looking 13.3lb'er with a good flat and good marbling for select :thumb:.

Going to do a minimal trim and inject.

I had brought my Pitboss Copperhead to 2 events with a decent brisket finish. I no longer have my small toy hauler so hard to drag that around and back to using my 3 drums. So thought for next weekend in Lyon is bring 2 drums and the tailgater and let life happen.

3SpQJXpl.jpg

TBa3R8kl.jpg

cjH2s5gl.jpg

nuiBruel.jpg

This is probably the only interweb forum on the planet that gets a big spike of activity in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I’ve got a couple of packers going now too

I love my pit boss. I have the one that's a size up from the tailgater.

watch the hotspot in the center and keep the hopper full and she'll do well

Took me a second to process what I was seeing then I snorted. Reminds me of a joke I saw a couple days ago. “People are usually shocked to find out I am not a good electrician”

I had virtually no smoke flavor with my Tailgater. I do like the size though.

That point looked as marbled as mine. I hope that this sale rolls around again and that they are the same quality.

I want to see the little person slice and box. He got the inject and rub down. I'm betting he nails that too. lol

Kinda crazy to think that the A9 will be double to cost of the cooker itself.

I want to see the little person slice and box. He got the inject and rub down. I'm betting he nails that too. lol

Kinda crazy to think that the A9 will be double to cost of the cooker itself.
Will be fun to see what happens next weekend. Got it thawing now.
20191006_202459.jpg

First time I switched to cooking 1 SRF over cooking 2 primes, I took our Grilla cooker that I just got off Craiglist. I had only used once, but it smokes more than any pellet cooker I have used. We took second in Brisket that day. So I am looking for good things from you with this one.

Back