Oh man I joined the offset club

Potatoe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Oh boy, got me a 24x 48 lonestar grillz coming. . . after going deeper into this awesome obsession I had to try an offset. . .i got the 1/2" fire box and a few other upgrades, I'm excited to get this puppy in about 12wks,I'll be excited to show you all the pics when it gets here. .. Thanks to you folks for all the great info here

https://lonestargrillz.com/products/24-x-48-offset-smoker

Last edited:
Congrat's, you're going to love it! If you are not already there, Facebook has a very active Lone Star Grillz page with plenty of advice.

Congrats. I just switched to offset. Finally producing the flavor I was always pursuing.
Wish I had done this 20 years ago.

Some of my friends want my recipe of rubs and whatever.I tell them,you can have it but you cannot cook it to taste the same because you do not have the same cooker.Stickburners are my favorite.They just do not understand.

Congrats! They make really good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big mistake! For the next 12 weeks you will good to bed thinking about it. You will wake up thinking about it and your phone will remind you of it through cookie because you cann’t help visiting the LSG website. Ask me how I know. I’m 6 week in after ordering a 20X36.

Lol, I know. . .I've watched so many videos on them, visit the page every day, look up offset cooks all day. . .its turning into a thing. . .

What’s really bad, is I go to bed and lay there rehearsing how I’m going to season the pit. Pam vs rubbing it down with peanut oil. Starting the charcoal chimney in side the fire box vs. starting out side and pouring it. Should I use full sticks of wood or chucks during the process? It’s madness pure madness I tell you. Oh and did I mention picking what my first cook should be? Ribs? Chicken thighs? Or a Chuck roast ?

Welcome to the club.... excellent choice - especially for your first offset. Even after several years of ownership I still grin ear-to-ear when cooking on mine.

Great choice, Alan - you’re in for a ton of fun! I’ve been so happy with my LSG - totally worth the wait!

Congrats, that's a beautiful cooker. Nice upgrade to 1/2" firebox. I chose that option as well and I really think it's a game changer as far as efficiency goes.

Alan, what other upgrades did you end up getting? Did you get the double door or single? I can't wait to get a cooker similar to this. I'm eyeing those new Shirley prototypes.

Alan, what other upgrades did you end up getting? Did you get the double door or single? I can't wait to get a cooker similar to this. I'm eyeing those new Shirley prototypes.

I just added the ports for a probe, and guru. A utensil hook, ball valve for draining, moving handle and large front table. . .i didn't get the double doors but really thought about it in case I ever wanted to try a whole hog. . hopefully I won't regret it

Congratulations, that's going to be a nice cooker!

Other than the obligatory fatty as 1st cook, I would suggest a pork shoulder, they are very forgivable and easy to cook so less stress on your 1st cook.

Back