LSG arrived

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got my 20×42 in today. Talk about packed good. My neighbor let me use his driveway so the truck backed up pretty close to my cement slab.

Tomorrow I will season and Sunday will be my first cook. Only Bonner was I found a scratch on the lid. For some reason there was a 2x4 on the lid during shipping. Not even tied down or anything. I'm sure I'll put some scratches on it myself.

I can't wait to mess with it tomorrow.
cc5cfc0dde1c3c801d676648ecd7d46f.jpg
0fb0469c6da3904716a874de6b6c0b62.jpg
cfc31a2ee4d39e4a0fb1e79899d9f9ab.jpg
c79bee45a8cc07e65d8df127ca858143.jpg
e085d310fabbddd07ad0e1f0c6ae105d.jpg
2ffc560e3f9c9cb56845a4dca098cbfe.jpg
8d8de4c68836b52dc3f7db0d9d6f82cf.jpg
9e1f6dde748e26f47c496ca2ec89bda5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice - I wish I could afford to get one of those LSG 20x42 units myself...even though I don't relish the idea of stoking the fire throughout the cook, I just want to test my skill and see if I'm worthy for the next level...plus everyone always claims that an offset tastes so much better. I'd like to see what the fuss is about. :) Congrats, enjoy and let's see what kinda great 'que she cranks out!

Nice! I looked long at this one before I bought my PeeWee.

I've always wondered if the LSG's have as strong an airflow as we hear ab out with Jambo's and such.

Let me know what you think!

Nice - I wish I could afford to get one of those LSG 20x42 units myself...even though I don't relish the idea of stoking the fire throughout the cook, I just want to test my skill and see if I'm worthy for the next level...plus everyone always claims that an offset tastes so much better. I'd like to see what the fuss is about. :) Congrats, enjoy and let's see what kinda great 'que she cranks out!

I wanted this and I wouldn't have bought it but my wife surprised me with it for a Christmas gift.
I used a Oklahoma Joe highlander couple years ago. I think this will be easier to use.

Nice! I looked long at this one before I bought my PeeWee.

I've always wondered if the LSG's have as strong an airflow as we hear ab out with Jambo's and such.

Let me know what you think!

Will do. I'm also curious about filling the bottom with water. I think that would be just extra cleanup.

The 2x4 you mentioned being on the lid could have been a crossbeam at the top of the crate that came off during shipping.
Anyway, I am jealous.

The 2x4 you mentioned being on the lid could have been a crossbeam at the top of the crate that came off during shipping.
Anyway, I am jealous.

That could have been it. They had so many nails throughout that crate. I even snapped a wonder bar.

Comgrats on the new pit! If I ever got another offset, that is the one I would likely get. Looks good and price is reasonable for what they offer imo

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats! I really like that design. That collection of yours is coming along nicely. Do you have a cover for it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats! I really like that design. That collection of yours is coming along nicely. Do you have a cover for it?

Yep, she bought me the cover and the upgraded 8 inch wheels.

I wanted to sell my Humphrey's and my Pit Boss 5.0 vertical to get use towards getting an LSG. Now I don't have to sell them.

Awesome! She listened or did her research.

She came on this site and saw I wanted the LSG or maybe just buy a long horn. Then read up on the longhorn on this site and just went with what I really wanted.

So now with the space and my other cookers I already to weddings I was going to turn down but now I have the space to cook everything.

Congratulations on the new smoker. That one seems pretty popular as I've watched more than a few YT videos of it being used.

very nice and congrats on your cooker and LSG is one cooker I haver never had but almost put a order in a few times , lol and is in on my bucket list .:biggrin1:

Lucky guy! My wife only loves me enough to be ok with me spending my own money on a new smoker. Those new LSG's are sweet and I can't wait to hear what you think, especially cooking with water in the chamber.

Back