MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

View Poll Results: Have you owned one in the past, own one now, or plan to own one in the future?
Own one in past but no longer do 11 5.91%
Own one now 107 57.53%
Plan to own one in the future 32 17.20%
Do not plan to ever own one 36 19.35%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #31
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnbiker View Post
I have a feeling this poll will mostly attract people who have poopers so the results may be skewed.
Shhhhh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #32
FrankZ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Frank

I voted I don't plan to own one. I might one day but right now I don't have any plans to own one.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #33
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Never.......
Six months ago I would have believed that. Based on more recent posts, I think you should change your punctuation to "....?"

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #34
darita
is One Chatty Farker

I owned a WSM and kettle at the time. First pellet pooper I bought was an impulse buy. It had little temp control if at all. Sold it a month later and bought another. It had great temp control, but little to no smoke flavor produced, so I sold it after a year. Finally did my research and found that the problem wasn't pellet smokers in general, just particular pellet smokers.
I finally zeroed in on a MAK and bought it. I love it...control and smoke flavor. I may add a Yoder in the future as well.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #35
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darita View Post
I owned a WSM and kettle at the time. First pellet pooper I bought was an impulse buy. It had little temp control if at all. Sold it a month later and bought another. It had great temp control, but little to no smoke flavor produced, so I sold it after a year. Finally did my research and found that the problem wasn't pellet smokers in general, just particular pellet smokers.
I finally zeroed in on a MAK and bought it. I love it...control and smoke flavor. I may add a Yoder in the future as well.
I've been reading some Mak 2 star reviews and if I was going to buy a pellet grill, I think it would be the one.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #36
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I've been reading some Mak 2 star reviews and if I was going to buy a pellet grill, I think it would be the one.

Uh oh, the seed has been planted...

It’s just a matter of time [emoji41]
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #37
SimcoBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I’ve had a few I didn’t care for but currently have a 1 that runs on pellets or charcoal and I really dig it

Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #38
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

I have one for home and two for my business.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #39
rus_bro
Full Fledged Farker

Definitely not in the foreseeable future... I'm putting allot of effort into mastering bbq and would get zero enjoyment out of the process of a pellet...

I make my own roux, sharpen knives with a stone, shine my shoes by hand and bbq without the use of electricity. Iv been told I was born in the wrong generation..

But to each his own.

Rb

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #40
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus_bro View Post
Definitely not in the foreseeable future... I'm putting allot of effort into mastering bbq and would get zero enjoyment out of the process of a pellet...

I make my own roux, sharpen knives with a stone, shine my shoes by hand and bbq without the use of electricity. Iv been told I was born in the wrong generation..

But to each his own.

Rb

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Even though I am a pellethead, I’ve gotta admit, I like guys like you. Low tech, old school will always be cool to me! Perhaps one day when my kids are grown and gone, I’ll start shining my shoes, sharpening my own knives and start my bbq by rubbing 2 sticks together. [emoji41]
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #41
Clay-b-que
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darita View Post
I have the yoder and experience everything you listed. I do understand from others that the Mak has great smoke flavor. It would be awesome if you got a yoder and reported the differences in flavor profile to all of us!

Old 01-16-2019, 05:37 AM   #42
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Shhhhh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have a feeling the poll will mostly attract pellet detractors so the results may be skewed.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #43
rus_bro
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
Even though I am a pellethead, I’ve gotta admit, I like guys like you. Low tech, old school will always be cool to me! Perhaps one day when my kids are grown and gone, I’ll start shining my shoes, sharpening my own knives and start my bbq by rubbing 2 sticks together. [emoji41]
Iv got friends with the pellet smokers and I have NO Problem eating the grub they cook on them. :)

I think as i get older (38now) I am getting further and further away from ease. I am working on my open fire grilling so when i put in my outdoor kitchen (something that shoudl be super nice and updated), i can put in a Santa Maria grill and be forced to build fire.

I just LOVE this stuff.

rb

Old 01-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #44
rus_bro
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
I have a feeling the poll will mostly attract pellet detractors so the results may be skewed.
Wouldnt that make it more balanced? :)

rb

Old 01-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #45
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

No pooper here, never will. Have friends and family that have them. I have tinkered with them on and off while visiting. The ones that I know that have them need them. They have kids, busy lives, wives and daughters don't like real, smoky BBQ, or they like to sit around on their ass playing video games "while they BBQ", etc.

I'm nearing retirement and am old school, smoking is a fun thing for me, something about tending a lump or stick fire and monitoring temps, a few tweaks here and there, drinking bourbon, smoking cigars and BS'ing joking and telling tall stories with friends while BBQ'ing. It's an event for me and friends.
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->