Boneless Turkey Breast?

Kevin James

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just puting this out there wondering if anyone has a good online source for RAW boneless turkey breast.

I'm dying to make some Texas style turkey breast, and while I have looked at every grocery store, Costco, and even Restaurant Depot in my area nobody has it. I've also searched online and came up with nothing.

The only place I found it was Jennie-O's website but they ONLY offer it on the food service side, not to consumers (which is dumb and frustrating).

So... has anyone here been successful finding a good online source for boneless turkey breast?

It seems to be impossible to find the quality turkey breasts like the bbq joints use without going super expensive from a butcher or online. Butterball, honeysuckle etc all have huge amounts of flavorings which are sometimes fine and sometimes turn out terrible when smoked. I've never tried restaurant depo, bummed to hear they don't offer.

You may want to check Costco business center. I see you're up north and Sacramento has one. Jennie-O boneless breasts and they come frozen but extremely good quality. I smoked them central TX style and it was out of this world good. Worth giving the business center a call. Item number is 40285.

Thanks everyone. Yes, Wild Fork does have some, but they are tiny and not really what I'm after. I found something similar to that about 6 months ago in a local grocery store and they didn't turn out that great. The ones Jennie-O sells to restaurants are in the 10lb range and that is closer to what I'm after.

Also, I did check my local Costco Business Center several months ago because I saw someone post about that here. Gave them the product number and everything. Just my luck I was told that particular store does not carry that item. I will try them again though... doesn't hurt to ask.

I guess I could just get a bone in whole breast and debone it myself... after it thaws. I was hoping to avoid that work though. Yes.... I'm lazy :laugh:

Jennie-O is what I used exactly. Most likely I was the one that I mentioned on here. Crazy because the business center by work has them all the time but the one closer to my house or nearby business center don't carry them. Sometimes it's a hit or miss though.

Thanks everyone. Yes, Wild Fork does have some, but they are tiny and not really what I'm after. I found something similar to that about 6 months ago in a local grocery store and they didn't turn out that great. The ones Jennie-O sells to restaurants are in the 10lb range and that is closer to what I'm after.

Also, I did check my local Costco Business Center several months ago because I saw someone post about that here. Gave them the product number and everything. Just my luck I was told that particular store does not carry that item. I will try them again though... doesn't hurt to ask.

I guess I could just get a bone in whole breast and debone it myself... after it thaws. I was hoping to avoid that work though. Yes.... I'm lazy :laugh:

Jennie-O is what I used exactly. Most likely I was the one that I mentioned on here. Crazy because the business center by work has them all the time but the one closer to my house or nearby business center don't carry them. Sometimes it's a hit or miss though.

Yep. Just got off the phone with them. They do not have them and they said it is only a business center item, and the only business center that has them is in Hawthorne.

It is insane to me that boneless turkey breast is this difficult to find, yet you could spin around blind folded and fall on a pile of boneless chicken breast anywhere and everywhere.

I too have bought them from the Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola. Extremely large debond turkey breasts. As stated, a little pricey but was one of the best turkey meals I ever made.

Buy a Turkey,sharpen a knife.Pretty simple.I too,would like to be able to source them already prepared but it really is not a lot of trouble to breast out a Turkey.Plus you get the leftover carcass to smoke/roast and make other yummy treats.

Impossible to find in Northeast Oklahoma... I’ve looked.

I love the Texas Style breast but I gave up looking for boneless-and am just not into the mail order meat thing. If I can find bone-in breasts, they hit my cart. If whole turkey is all they have, I take one home and butcher that sucker. I really only smoke the breast- but the wing, thighs and legs make for some fine turkey and sausage gumbo. And the carcass gets turned into stock- gonna need some sort of stock for the gumbo anyway, right?

I found boneless turkey breasts a few weeks ago at Whole Foods on Arden Way, although it is not regularly available there. I grabbed the only two they had that day. I agree they can be difficult to source. My experience with Jenny-O has been hit and miss. In general I prefer to cook most proteins bone-in but prefer turkey breasts deboned.

I found boneless turkey breasts a few weeks ago at Whole Foods on Arden Way, although it is not regularly available there. I grabbed the only two they had that day. I agree they can be difficult to source. My experience with Jenny-O has been hit and miss. In general I prefer to cook most proteins bone-in but prefer turkey breasts deboned.

Thanks for the info! I used to work on Arden Way a couple years ago.

I'll the check Whole Foods in Roseville which is closer to me now.

I just talked to Thye Butcher Shoppe, and yep, they carry them and they are exactly what I'm after, nice and big, ranging between 9-13lb's they told me. But yeah... pricey at $6.99/lb. Suddenly deboning myself doesn't seem so bad :laugh:

I'm in northern CA also and have been looking like crazy for these same turkey breasts for a long time. Nugget market had them around the holidays in the 5 pound per breast range and around 5.50 per pound, still expensive for turkey but not the worst i've seen. I bought a couple and stuck them in the freezer but haven't had a chance to try cooking one yet. If they turn out well i might see if i can buy a few more from them as it's the closest thing i've found to whats served in a texas bbq joint. I've bought and deboned breasts, it's not a terrible amount of work but the individual breasts were smaller than what i was looking for.

With the meat supply chain how it is right now it's gotten especially difficult to find certain things. My source for duroc spareribs only sells St Louis cut now so i'm looking all over for a new pork rib source.

It seems to be impossible to find the quality turkey breasts like the bbq joints use without going super expensive from a butcher or online. Butterball, honeysuckle etc all have huge amounts of flavorings which are sometimes fine and sometimes turn out terrible when smoked. I've never tried restaurant depo, bummed to hear they don't offer.

The Texas BBQ restaurants aren’t using anything special.

Back