Simple Salmon.

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was in Costco yesterday and picked up some salmon. Decided to cook it up for dinner tonight. Placed it in a foil boat over some butter and brown sugar. Poured some creamy caesar dressing over it, and topped with lemon slices. I cooked it in the 22" kettle with mesquite lump, in charcoal baskets to the sides. Served with rice pilaf, and carrots with a soy sauce, ginger, agave and butter glaze.

Sorry in advance for the crappy phone pics.

20160301_172104.jpg

20160301_172336.jpg

salmon1.jpg

salmon2.jpg

salmon.jpg

I love salmon, yours looks delicious Josh! Wouldn't have thought to use caesar dressing on top. I'll give it a try, thanks!

Thanks Jeanie! The dressing is a thing I picked up from my uncle. He is from the Seattle area, and does salmon at least weekly. And that is his most common method.

This is my uncles favorite and mine as well http://www.cardinissaladdressing.com/

Very nice cook. Good looking plate of food.
I am with Cowgirl, I would never have thought to use the Caesar dressing that way.
We do salmon at lot, this is on the list to try.
Thanks for posting.

Looks nice. I've actually used the Caesars on red and specks. Never crossed my mind on salmon. I am always trying to get salmon to not taste like salmon :))
I do like salmon patties made from fresh grill/smoked slabs

I will try- well done of course.

I don't usually have any leftover salmon. But today I found a good use for it as lunch.

Smashed it up, added a little mayo and put it on some toast with cheese like it was tuna.View attachment 123345

Again sorry for the crappy phone pic

Another great idea, thanks Josh! I usually cook a whole side of salmon just for the leftovers. Will give this a try. :thumb:

Back