• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Share a Meat Calculator with everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt ron

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Hope all is well with everyone... Soon warmer weather will be here! :)
I want to share a Meat Calculator with everyone... I was doing some surfing on the net while waiting for the rain to stop and came upon a calculator in a PDF format so I converted it over to EXCEL. I worked it, add some of my own stuff and tried to make it easy to use. So click on the link below and look for Eazy~Pleazy BBQ Calculator...

http://www.freewebs.com/susquehannabluesmoke/cateringthings.htm

Enjoy and I hope it can help someone out there... I know it helps me...

Capt

P.S. If you see anything that need to be critiqued let me know... Sometimes it's nice to have another set of eyes especially when doing computer things.

Looks great! Can't wait to use it. Any chance you could unlock the cells for ounces and bones? I would prefer to have the math done with pre-cook portions rather than post cook serving sizes. Otherwise, looks like a huge time saver!

Looks great! Can't wait to use it. Any chance you could unlock the cells for ounces and bones? I would prefer to have the math done with pre-cook portions rather than post cook serving sizes. Otherwise, looks like a huge time saver!

The Catering one (lower link) has all of this as well. Just need to change some of the figures for your plans...

Hey Everyone!
Hope all is well with everyone... Soon warmer weather will be here! :)
I want to share a Meat Calculator with everyone... I was doing some surfing on the net while waiting for the rain to stop and came upon a calculator in a PDF format so I converted it over to EXCEL. I worked it, add some of my own stuff and tried to make it easy to use. So click on the link below and look for Eazy~Pleazy BBQ Calculator...

http://www.freewebs.com/susquehannabluesmoke/cateringthings.htm

Enjoy and I hope it can help someone out there... I know it helps me...

Capt

P.S. If you see anything that need to be critiqued let me know... Sometimes it's nice to have another set of eyes especially when doing computer things.

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Sharing a meat calculator with everyone

Hey all!
Thanks for the comments on the worksheet. I have been getting replies that the link isn't working or the sheet won't open. The sheet was done in MS Office 2007 not thinking so I made another and it can be opened with MS Office 97-2003... Let know of any problems...

http://www.freewebs.com/susquehannabluesmoke/Catering/BBQ Calculator.xls

Ron- thanks, this is a very handy tool. (I see we are practically neighbors.)

Hey Chipper!!!

So you are in Red Lion... Were at? I'm in Columbia... Can't take all this darn rain we've been gettin' but Saturday is to be a nice one... I heard around 80!!!:-D

IMHO it makes sense to sticky this at the top of the catering forum.

I ran some numbers last night as a test, and it came out pretty close to the matrix I normally use.

Ron, THANK YOU very much for the effort in converting the info, creating the tool and tweaking it to match our needs.

Zip File

.xls File

Open Office File

Here's a copy of my catering planner, I think it may be around here somewhere already first one's a zip file, (.zip), second an excel file, (.xls), third a Open Office calc file, (.ods).

WOW SoEzzy

That's an awesome sheet... I guess a lot of work went in the that one! Would you mind if I put it with the other sheets I have on my website? It would be an honor...:p
Capt

Here's a copy of my catering planner, I think it may be around here somewhere already first one's a zip file, (.zip), second an excel file, (.xls), third a Open Office calc file, (.ods).
I've been using SoEzzy's spreadsheets for a while now and have shared it with a few folks. :wink: A real well done worksheet!! Not to say that Capt ron's isn't a good one as well. :wink:

That's an awesome sheet... I guess a lot of work went in the that one! Would you mind if I put it with the other sheets I have on my website? It would be an honor...:p
Capt

You're welcome to use and promote it from your site, it's what it's there for, to help as many as it can!

The only thing I ask is that it's copyright is respected!

I can't seem to get to the calculator; the link always comes up broken. It might be the Freewebs site.

If this is stable and not just a problem for ME I'll be glad to sticky it up in the Catering forum.

Capt. Ron

No store front, we work internet and through a couple of distributors.
I'm right downtown on W. Broadway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back