MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #286
bikencycle
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Randy

Hello everyone. Added myself to the BBQ brethren map. Live in the Chicago suburbs.
My wife bought me a WSM in March and I try to use it whenever the opportunity arises. Unfortunately smoking a for a large group is not an option for me at the moment. Hopefully things will improve in 2021.
bikencycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 02-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #287
declang
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Declan

Declan here. Added a pin to the other 5 in Ireland !
Brand new to bbq-brethren.
Look forward to learning a lot from you guys, even though I only plan on using gas !

Sláinte
Just in case ... Wikipedia Knows Everything
declang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #288
Hutch114
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Eric

Hello all, first post to the thread, at least under this name. Realized that when I put my name to the map I had an old account under an old email that I never use anymore. So back again and ready for BBQ season up here in northern Michigan. Started off with a Brinkman way back when, then made my own UDS a few years ago. Did pork butts and loins, brisket, beef and pork ribs, turkey on that thing. Still planning on using it, but today I took the plunge to the dark side/evil empire/whatever you wanna call it, and picked up a vertical pellet smoker. Burn-off coming soon, looking forward to some great cooks on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.jpg (61.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0887.jpg (34.8 KB, 127 views)
Hutch114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #289
NorCalStix

Name/Nickname : NCStix

Hello everyone!

Novice learning to smoke foods - so far have only done tri tip, ribs, and a turkey. Attempting to work with an offset.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
NorCalStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #290
ChuckIt

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Hey all! Excited to learn a thing or two or maybe more like 1,000's of things.

I just ordered an OKJ Bandera for my first foray into stick burning (after previously using an electric cabinet smoker...or maybe more fitting, an outdoor crockpot). This site seemed like a must join after looking into it a bit.

Sarth67, if you're around and see this I saw your firebox lid mod and it looks like a great idea. I may head out to Harbor Freight and then hunt down some 1/4" steel before it even gets delivered! Any "watch outs" now that it looks like you've had that lid like that for a while?
Old 03-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #291
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckIt View Post
Hey all! Excited to learn a thing or two or maybe more like 1,000's of things.

I just ordered an OKJ Bandera for my first foray into stick burning (after previously using an electric cabinet smoker...or maybe more fitting, an outdoor crockpot). This site seemed like a must join after looking into it a bit.

Sarth67, if you're around and see this I saw your firebox lid mod and it looks like a great idea. I may head out to Harbor Freight and then hunt down some 1/4" steel before it even gets delivered! Any "watch outs" now that it looks like you've had that lid like that for a while?
Hi Kevin!

It is unlikely that he will see this. You may want to try sending him a private message or post the question for everyone in the QTalk section.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #292
ChuckIt

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Thanks for the tip, Ron. Much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:07 AM   #293
rque
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Ray

Hello All, rque here hailing from the Rochester, NY area. Been lurking the last few months and finally decided to join.

I started smoking with my 22” Weber kettle and the old Smokinator before finally replacing it with a SnS this year. I also picked up a PBJ to see what UDS was all about and bring it along on camp/cottage trips. Looking forward to learning even more about bbq and smoking as I’m looking to pickup a new “real” smoker next year (which means ordering soon!).
rque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #294
Gokul

Name/Nickname : Gokul
Default Amateur Smoker from PNW

I am Gokul; I live in Bothell, Washington. I know nothing about BBQ, but I got inspiration from my neighbor, who smokes every day. While cooking, I find my backyard filled with a beautiful aroma. I wanted to learn the art, but I wanted to start smaller instead of buying big boys. Hence I bought a New Braunfels smoker, which requires some love and planning to restore and begin smoking this summer. This is a wonderful platform to meet like-minded people and share knowledge. Great work. Thanks for accepting me to join this group.
Gokul is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 05-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #295
harknii
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : John

Just put my name on the map. See me in a recent Cattle Call!!!

Jarrell, TX
harknii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:00 PM   #296
Midway
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : George

Hi from the Seattle/Tacoma area.

I started with a basic charcoal BBQ but have used propane for the last 15 years or so. First a Costco special and for the past 5+ years a LYNX L42PSFR-2-LP.

The LYNX is a beautiful grill but I’ve wanted to get a bit closer to a smoker and thought a pellet grill would be a simple way to start. After some research I ended up ordering a MAK Two-Star General today and now I wait for a couple months. I’ll keep the LYNX for fast cooks and infrared searing but I expect the pellet grill will get most of the use.

I’ll have lots of time to learn, and I have a lot to learn, now that I am retired. Other interests are photography, golf, hiking, biking, scuba, wine and traveling, traveling because my wife loves it, I traveled enough for work where staying home is OK with me.
Midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:13 AM   #297
Flot Kevin

Name/Nickname : Flot

Greetings from Neerijse, Belgium,

Hi everyone,
Me man, me make fire and put meat on it ��
I'm a bbq enthusiast from Belgium, whenever the weather is smiling upon us I lit up my BBQ.
Always willing to learn new techniques and recepies, love to experiment.

Kimd regards
Flot Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:12 AM   #298
TGamel
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Todd
Default Added

Thanks guys, just added myself to the map, thanks again for the add.

Todd
TGamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:11 PM   #299
Fireb@ll

Name/Nickname : Dave
Default Hi from Fort Knox

Hi everyone!

Just moved to Kentucky and got myself a Bandera vertical offset and found this forum looking for tips, tricks, and hacks for the smoker. Downloaded a copy of the Bandera 101 and will be working on some of the ideas in it.

I've been smoking/grilling, etc for several years, really just dabbling. I've tried lots of different set ups: Weber Kettle, Vertical Propane smoker, Bradly Smoker, Pellet grill (not Traeger), and now this vertical offset. Haven't spent enough time with the Bandera to make a decision. Maybe this will be "the one" ;)

I like that its vertical so I can do summer sausage, Kielbasa, etc. I have found that it takes a LOT of Charcoal to keep it at temp. Will be trying some hardwood chunks this next weekend!

Keep smokin'!

Dave
Fireb@ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #300
its_a_tarp
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : its_a_tarp
Default Hi from Indiana

Hey everyone,

I've been an avid smoker on my RT-590 since Sep '19. I didn't know smoking would become such an addictive hobby to the point where it's my passion. I love the wood pellet, I think it's awesome for entry level, and it's a great way to understand how to handle meat without caring about the pit. I don't call myself a pitmaster for that reason. At this point, I'm needing to up my game and learn about actual fire management. I want to be a pitmaster.

I smoke year round in rain or snow, and where I'm moving there will be a lot more snow.

Right now I'm in the market for a backyard/patio offset or more preferably a reverse flow stick burner (made in the US and US steel only please), which is part of the reason I wanted to sign up here for suggestions and advice. I've already looked into Shirley and Johnson custom smokers. Feel free to point me to the best threads and looking forward to joining the community!
its_a_tarp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
map