THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seriously? Please get a Fireboard.

I'd never heard of Fireboard, it looks pretty good.
The appeal of this setup is that it is entirely improvised, cost $0, and will also show the density and quality of smoke billowing out the top.

That temperature control blower with the Fireboard looks like a game changer though. Remote temperature control is my next goal.

Not really an eye roller, but I hesitated on buying a Pigtail. The day it arrived I ordered 6 more for friends, and to date have given at least 20 as gifts.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Do you recommend a particular brand or size?

I never quite understood why anyone would use a pigtail until I saw the griller at Jocko's in Nipomo in action. He's cooking so much meat so quickly & over such a high flame there's no time to clamp and release tongs. Dude was flying and it's awesome to see. Great results, too!

I have a couple pigtails & like to use 'em when I remember I have 'em.

This pigtail intrigued me into some google searching. While trying to figure out how one would flip a chicken wing with it I came across this:

5b9cc0162000003100fdb2d2.jpeg

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trongs-chicken-wings_n_2542681

For me it's my latest acquisition - Weber Performer grill. For the past 30 yrs I've been cooking on a 14" Weber Smokey Joe and finally picked up a 22" Performer. Of course the grill area is a major benefit however when coupled with the propane assisted charcoal starter it's simply awesome and I smile every time I push the igniter.

Any cooker over $500. I thought y'all were idiot's. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vortex, Slow 'n Sear, and my Thermopen. Thought they were all overpriced toys until I got one! I have a drawer full of old school instant read thermometers that never see the light of day.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Do you recommend a particular brand or size?

My first ones I bought were made by the original Pigtail manufacturer, a wooden handle with a lacquer finish, then Jaccard bought the company and as far as I can tell continued with the same product. The originals could be ordered in LH models too, not sure if those are still produced. The last time I ordered they had a plastic handle option that was a couple of bucks cheaper.... I just like the looks and feel of the wooden handles. There are plenty of copy cat flippers out there too.

Stickburners.Shirley stickburners.Best $ I ever spent on a cooking vessle.#2 A Big Green Egg.It has it's place,my first one was a gift.Too many other gadgets to mention. I still like my Weber better than the BGE for some things.MostlyChicken.

Back