• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***August Special*** "Campfire Cookin" Throwdown** Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new August Special TD category is..."Campfire Cookin'!"

This was Bob Brisket's Winning Entry in the 2014 Campfire Cookin' Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY meaning you can cook whatever you like as long as it reflects the above theme and conforms to standard Throwdown rules.

2. No grills or smokers are permitted. You must cook over a campfire or firepit. Portable patio firepits are also allowed.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED but limited to 2 for this Throwdown!
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/4 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Tuesday 9/5/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Tuesday 9/5/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
She is far above the level of us poor peons.
I predict that she will take pity on us and deign not to enter.

giphy_zpsfao0w2iw.gif

Dude SRSLY.

If The Cowgirl shall enter, The Cowgirl shall win.

Sorry.

Buddha OUT! :mrgreen:

Here is my entry:

Tri tip & Grilled Peaches 2 Ways

Here is the cook thread

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250398

Grilled up some Peaches and some Tri tip over the fire pit on my new tripod.
The grilled Peaches were made into a salad with mozzarella and prosciutto with a balsamic dressing as well as a dessert consisting of grilled Peaches, filled with Mascarpone Cheese and then drizzled with honey.

Entry photo

78b6cb813ca40a37d70af998235c366f.jpg

Camping for the week with the fam in Traverse City. Primitive site, we have our trailer with tho( 1 and 4 yr old boys). Menu tonight consisted of fresh whitefish pulled from Lake Michigan this morning, along with some local produce picked up roadside locally. I presumed they would have cooking grates over the fire pits, I presumed too much. No choice but adapt and overcome..turned out fantastic!

Attachments

• IMG_5652.jpg
    IMG_5652.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5651.jpg
    IMG_5651.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
If I could get a bit of clarification. Would this be considered a grill and thus not allowed?
Grill-lg.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Camping for the week with the fam in Traverse City. Primitive site, we have our trailer with tho( 1 and 4 yr old boys). Menu tonight consisted of fresh whitefish pulled from Lake Michigan this morning, along with some local produce picked up roadside locally. I presumed they would have cooking grates over the fire pits, I presumed too much. No choice but adapt and overcome..turned out fantastic!

Hey CentralOhio, is this an entry?

I have conferred with Moose, and we agree that the grill in question is not a campfire. Sorry, Jeff.
Thanks Matt. That is what I suspected.

I'm wanting to enter this one but don't have room to put in a fire pit in my yard, unless it's down the hill where it would be inconvenient. So I was thinking "where could I go for a campfire" and remembering some places that have this style standard issue campsite grill. Oh well, it may not be meant to be.

Entry

I likes to party. Food is always involved. Lately i have found a fun way to get guest involved is a kabob party. Convince them itll be fun to prep up and make their own. If they buy that see if you can get them to turn the kabobs themselves. Easy peasy

No plates needed just go savage and pick what you want when its ready.

Entry

Back