It Begins (pron)

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Bobby
I am cooking for the dinner tommorow. Here is the start of what will be a long day and night. Got to go to the Doc's in a couple of hours. So I have to trust my wife to watch the temp for me. I am setting up my remote pager for her.

I made up the ABT'S last night and got them chilling in the fridge. Fired off the pit at 6:30 am this morning.(raining) Still held a very good temp. Got the briskets and the butts going.

cater1001.jpg

cater1002.jpg

cater1003.jpg

cater1004.jpg

Oh Yeah, much, much more too come.:biggrin::cool:

Still got the chickens to cut up and get into the marinade. Then 9 slabs to cut down to ST. Louis style. And then get my sides ready. Going to be very busy today and I love it.:cool::biggrin::-D

Jacob as usual more of your awesome photos of great looking food.

You must be feeding a lot of folks.

Jacob as usual more of your awesome photos of great looking food.

You must be feeding a lot of folks

50 for the dinner + I sold extra butts a spare and 4 briskets. Folks willing to drive the twenty miles out to my house to pick them up when done. Want them straight off the cooker. ( sliced) Bull don't worry, I AM COVERED! :-D Thanks for the great advice.:cool:

Second round.:biggrin:

cater1005.jpg

cater1006.jpg

This brsket already picked up- cooked to order
cater1007.jpg

cater1008.jpg

Very Nice. Big Stick Burners Rule! Nothing gives the results of an stick burner, IMO. M-M-M-M

NO Sir, Spray with apple juice when pit is open. There are three natural and one rubbed.

Can anyone remember what temp I should wrap my butt. Approaching 160

cater1013.jpg

ribs @ 154
cater1014.jpg

Holding at 225 with these coals and apple chips.:cool:

Putting on the coffee, going to be an all nighter. I got off schedule with the rain and the doctor. Chicken is on with 3 hours to go. Ribs get finished off in about another hour. Briskets all done and put away. Got the trimmings to cook but I am thinking about saving and cooking later for me. Got to make the slaw and Texas potatoes and the I will be done. Thats not too much.:biggrin:

Jacob, you amaze the hell out of me. Your health problems yet you go like hell and produce awesome Q.

Your a true Brethren Brother here for sure.

Slow and easy my friend.

Those look absolutely awesome! Good Job. There's nothing to cheer you after an uncomfortable visit from the doctor like making people happy with some good food!

Back