MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
tb80
Take a breath!

Default Is this a good deal - Weber Gas Grill

I found a deal for $30 for a Weber Spirit gas grill. I don't know anything else about it but the seller said it works great and nothing needs to be replaced.

I would like a basic gas grill to do hot dogs or burgers or chicken real quick when necessary. Would this be a good deal? If so, anything I should look for when checking it out before buying.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Buy !!!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
drumdawg67
Take a breath!

It's a steal. Jump on it!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
T&S BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Ill give you 35$ for it.

Peoria Custom Cooker, Brinkman Smokin Pit,
Webber 22 1/2" Kettle,Smokin-it #3,Smoky Joe,Orange super fast Thermapen ,Awesome Brethren Mini, 18.5" WSM, Blackstone Pizza oven, Weber Genesis Premium Grill, Blackstone 36" stainless steel griddle, Stainless UDS
T&S BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

That seems like a great deal.

Look at the grates, flavorizer bars and the burners. Those are the things that typically need replacing. Also, look at the bottom on the grill box itself. That is the next thing to go.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
tb80
Take a breath!

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and picked it up. There was some rust on the grate, flavorizer bar and burners, but it still looks like it has some life left in it. Plus, since it was only $30, I think I can get the replacement parts and come out ahead. The owner wasn't sure of the exact age but thinks it is 2 years old.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
AlwaysSmokey
is One Chatty Farker

Yep,.. good deal. Look at the burners in the cook chamber,.. are they in good condition,.. or all rusted and broke, what about the grates? 2, Lid,.. does it work like it's supposed to. 3. propane hook up, does it appear to be in good condition. 4. Is it stable,.. or does it need some TLC and a few new bolts to sturdy it up. 5. wheels roll? 6. knobs work? are they all there? 7. Push button lighter,.. does it work? 8. They got any extra parts to throw in,... maybe they bought the rotissery for it,... or a cover,.. never know till you ask.. It looks like a great deal, and well kept, go get her ! EDIT: LOL,... I'm late again.... LOL..... Congrats on the cooker !

Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

All good info. The Spirit is Weber's value line so to speak and I believe it's made entirely in China. The quality isn't quite as good as the Genesis and Summit lines, but they are still very good grills. Especially for $35.

It's fine if the burner tubes look a bit rusty/corroded. Just make sure that they aren't falling apart. Same with the flavorizer bars. As long as they are solid and not full of holes, there's no need to replace them. When it does come time to replace the flavorizers, look for 3rd party bars on ebay from a guy named RCPlanebuyer. He makes Stainless Steel bars that are thicker and better than the one's from Weber, and they cost much less.

As to the grates, there's a couple of different types of them. In any case, if they aren't falling apart, you should be able to clean them up nicely. When it comes time to replace, you'll have some decisions to make as there are a number of different styles of grates that will fit that grill.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #9
ckelly
Full Fledged Farker

If it were in my area, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
ckelly is offline   Reply With Quote